My device gets SUPER hot with any use, to the point where it's almost burning my hands.

Also, my battery life is utter ****. It goes from 100 to 50 percent in less than THREE hours.

Pure stock phone, bought from AT&T. My brother has the SAME issues on AT&T, as WELL as the stupid text messaging bug.

I am pissed at AT&T as I pay $47 a month for thier fake over inflated NEXT program pricing and that I've NEVER has a S/W update since LAUNCH.

Thanks, -Mike

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note Edge on AT&T issues-screenshot_2015-04-01-21-18-49.jpg   Note Edge on AT&T issues-screenshot_2015-04-01-21-21-11.jpg  
    04-01-2015 11:23 PM
    Since the phone is still under warranty, bring it to your AT&T Device Support Center (if you can't locate it, ask at your local AT&T store) and ask them to please fix or replace it. (Make sure you back everything up - Backing up an Android Phone.)

Also, running the battery down to 25%-30% all the time won't help - you shouldn't let a lithium battery get below 40%. A battery near end-of-life will do what you're describing.
    04-02-2015 12:03 AM
    I have the Note Edge on AT&T and previously the Note 3. Temperature and battery life have been terrible on both, I think because I live in a rural area and my phone is constantly searching fir signals.

04-05-2015 08:14 AM
    I have a Note Edge, Note 4, and Note 3. All on AT&T. All 3 are performing flawlessly with cool temperatures and excellent battery life. The Note 3's GPS and camera leave somethinf to be desired but it is an older device.

📐🍷from the sliQ side of womb with the n.Edge🍶📏
    04-05-2015 08:34 AM
    I am on ATT and have not had any issues mentioned above this far. I have not installed many apps and have a several background apps disabled.

I do not like the lack of updates and locked bootloader.

I'm happy.

04-06-2015 02:41 PM
    I'm also on AT&T.

Only time my phone really gets hot is when I'm playing long sessions of Clash of Clans.
    04-06-2015 02:54 PM
    I moaned to my T Mobile store (company store) about battery life. The store manager told me his Edge has not that problem at all. He looked at my phone and told me to keep location services and download booster off. Keep location off as much as u can. I think he was right. I have been getting much better battery life since. I'll report back after a few weeks. By the way, my phone gets hot as hell when GPS is on and I am using Maps or Waze to guide me.
    SoCalBIGmike likes this.
    04-06-2015 02:54 PM
    Thanks. The Lollipop update has made it even worse. I think I'm going to ditch the phone. What's funny is, my Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 is rock solid. No issues. And that thing runs games better than my Edge.

I've tried a factory reset, everything. My Brother has the some phone & the same issues. We both live in the Valley in SoCal.

I think it is an 805 SOC issue. My battery gets up to 99°. AT&T is sending me an M8 to try, they wouldn't give me an M9. I don't care about screen size anymore. I just want a phone that works well!

Again, funny my Tab (AT&T) is fine.

04-12-2015 04:55 PM
    Phone runs hot and battery is **** especially since lollipop. Had to do a factory reset after lollipop bc contacts kept updating and couldn't not text. I am pissed.

04-12-2015 07:06 PM