Anything you're NOT happy with on the Note Edge?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
... Would like to try the UAG maverick but its $59.95 Aud here and already spent $45 on the Flip, makes it more of a book wallet setup which i like anyway.

The UAG Maverick is a very nice case indeed. Not too much bulk but plenty protective...and quite stylish.

📐🍷from the sliQ side of womb with the n.Edge🍶📏

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
The UAG Maverick is a very nice case indeed. Not too much bulk but plenty protective...and quite stylish.

????????????from the sliQ side of womb with the n.Edge????????????

I can return the flip case, i imagine the UAG is a bit bigger than it? Annoys me the flip case keeps crashing Nova launcher.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

????????????from the sliQ side of womb with the n.Edge????????????

I was thinking about buying one soon. The cheap $9 case I purchased off of Amazon already has its padded faux leather pealing off.

Just a side note: the OP has decided to hold off for 6 months until the Note 5 comes out.

jimlang

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I thought the edge notifications were going to be "better". Don't ask me what better means - I don't know.

And that's about it. I love the phone. It's just great.

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking about buying one soon. The cheap $9 case I purchased off of Amazon already has its padded faux leather pealing off.

Just a side note: the OP has decided to hold off for 6 months until the Note 5 comes out.

What case did you get?

rexb

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have both the Verus and UAG cases. I like the Verus better due to slimmer and slicker feel. The UAG is cool looking and rugged, I liked it at first but I didn't like that the heart rate sensor is hard to get into due to not enough opening or groove unlike the Verus. Also there are mini plastic footing on the UAG that are kind of sharp to touch. I think these are for when you rest the UAG case facing upwards there is a space under it and the whole back of the case not resting on the flat surface.

With Verus, only con I see is it's a little bit slippery to hold since the back side is all smooth plastic, the sides though are rubber which does help in gripping the phone. Side by side though, I prefer the look of the Verus. I'm thinking of keeping both cases and use the UAG when I'm outdoors and need a rugged look (hiking, biking etc).

With screen protectors, I plan on not putting on one. I feel it takes away from the touch and look of it's awesome screen. I originally had S3 and removed the screen protector eventually. The screen is good that until today the S3 screen is scratch free, I take that the Note Edge screen would be the same if not better, so I'm skipping the screen protectors.

To OP, I just got my Note Edge last week, so about 2 weeks of use and so far I'm loving this phone. I decided to get the Note Edge after seeing the S6/S6 Edge and Samsung omitted replaceable battery option and expandable SDcard storage option. I assumed the Note 5 will be the same so I went ahead and get the available Note now. I originally planned on getting Note 4 but TMobile rep said I could return the unit if I don't like it within 30 days, so I went ahead for the Edge. I'm not returning this phone and plan on keeping it. Only CON for me, no Lollipop yet :(

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
For me, I had the UAG Maverick case since the I bought the device. The UAG adds some extra width to the phone which I did not care for. I have bought 2 cases from Amazon. One is an Iroo and the other I cannot remember the name. They both are slim cases and do not offer the same degree of protection as the UAG but, it makes the phone more manageable. For example, I could not use many of the cell phone car mounts with the UAG because of the width. With the other cases, I can.

The one thing that I do not like about the Note Edge is the lack of glass screen protectors. I tried the Verizon one and that was on for about a week. I also tried the Skinomi and that was easy to apply. But, it does not look very good right now. So, i am thinking of going without one. I used to not have one on my Iphone 4 and had a couple of scratches on it after a couple of years.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Missing ROOT!

I missing not having root on my Verizon model. And other than that (like most Samsung phones) I wish the recent apps had aquicker response.

PS. I have a case, but rarely use it. If I'm going to be engaged in activity where I made need protection then on it goes. Otherwise I've got the insurance just in "case"! Just wish I could back it up properly with root.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
For me, I had the UAG Maverick case since the I bought the device. The UAG adds some extra width to the phone which I did not care for. I have bought 2 cases from Amazon. One is an Iroo and the other I cannot remember the name. They both are slim cases and do not offer the same degree of protection as the UAG but, it makes the phone more manageable. For example, I could not use many of the cell phone car mounts with the UAG because of the width. With the other cases, I can.

The one thing that I do not like about the Note Edge is the lack of glass screen protectors. I tried the Verizon one and that was on for about a week. I also tried the Skinomi and that was easy to apply. But, it does not look very good right now. So, i am thinking of going without one. I used to not have one on my Iphone 4 and had a couple of scratches on it after a couple of years.

I have the Zagg dry-apply screen protector and I'm very happy with the results. While tempered glass would look slightly nicer this Zagg has not disappointed:

Attachments

• 1428575147780.jpg
    1428575147780.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 1428575159784.jpg
    1428575159784.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 26

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
What case did you get?

It's called the Ringke Flex-S. It's their "soft gel" case though it really isn't gel, not like how you would think. It's more along the lines of a stiff rubber, not as hard as a tire but not as soft as a silicone case. It has a padded faux leather backing in light blue-green on the back that is peeling by the S-pen cutout. The leather has a weird shape there and it isn't a dull rounded edge. I can super glue it back together but, at this point, I think I want something a bit more durable. I just purchased this case to hold me over until I could find "the" case.

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
It's called the Ringke Flex-S. It's their "soft gel" case though it really isn't gel, not like how you would think. It's more along the lines of a stiff rubber, not as hard as a tire but not as soft as a silicone case. It has a padded faux leather backing in light blue-green on the back that is peeling by the S-pen cutout. The leather has a weird shape there and it isn't a dull rounded edge. I can super glue it back together but, at this point, I think I want something a bit more durable. I just purchased this case to hold me over until I could find "the" case.

That's the case I thought you had. I have that too. For me it has been great but I took the clothes off my Edge today and am naked again. Honestly, I love the feel naked. I hate to put the Ringke back on. It really is a nice case though, especially for the money. I am sorry you had trouble with yours. I also took off my Skinomi. Bare screen feels amazing. I'm goofy. :)

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 Verus Thor, and love them. Unfortunately I have dropped my phone a few times and the case has done its job!

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I ended up returning the Samsung flip case, won't work properly with Nova, keeps crashing it. Going naked mainly use it at home, my IP6 is my work horse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos