At&t lollipop is here

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Observations:

I noticed the camera shutter button got moved to the screen. They would have allowed for more settings on the edge panel when they did that.

Edge notifications can now be turned off. I'm thankful for that. Redundant too since Lollipop previews incoming messages nicely.

Haptic feedback is nicely adjustable although I think it's messing with my SwiftKey haptic feedback settings.

Much smoother though I am happy with the update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

bfuels1993

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the camera shutter button got moved to the screen. They would have allowed for more settings on the edge panel when they did that.

I noticted the same thing last night after I downloaded the update. I'm not sure I like it,I got use to it being on the edge and liked it better that way. I would like to have the option to move it back .

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I noticted the same thing last night after I downloaded the update. I'm not sure I like it,I got use to it being on the edge and liked it better that way. I would like to have the option to move it back .

At times the shutter button on edge screen is awkward. I'll have to use my camera for a few days to see how I like it now.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
At least there are cool transitions between front and rear camera and the shutter sound I like better lol

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

Klauslaw1

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
The update just rendered my phone useless. Won't keep a charge. Had to reset bc contacts kept updating and couldn't text. F ing Google releasing **** b4 it works.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Cyco9

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update Klaus. I imagine I'll be staying away from lollipop for a while. It sounds like it makes a lot of the edge features and functionality useless.

Bummer, I was looking forward to some of the updated features but I've heard enough people post complaints so I'll pass for now.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: At&t lollipop is here

I've not had my Note Edge on for a couple days. Fired it up this morning and the download is-a com'n. Now my Note Edge will join my Note 4 and Note 3 in Lollipop greatness...I hope.

📐🍷from the sliQ side of womb with the n.Edge🍶📏

glidersgalore

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Wish I would have skipped the update. I like someof the stuff but hate the pop up notifications. I liked when they were on the edge screen

t1328

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the update Klaus. I imagine I'll be staying away from lollipop for a while. It sounds like it makes a lot of the edge features and functionality useless.

Bummer, I was looking forward to some of the updated features but I've heard enough people post complaints so I'll pass for now.

My experience with the regular Note 4 is that after doing a hard reset post Lollipop update, not only were new issues resolved, but overall performance increases dramatically and lag is all but gone now. I highly encourage all of you guys to backup your phones post Lollipop update, hard reset, and restore.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cyco9

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't look forward to doing a hard reset but I might end up doing that. I woke up this morning to lollipop already updating even after I told it not to. So far everything seems smooth with no hiccups.

Like I said though, I'm not a fan of the lack of Edge features after the update.

It's completely silly of Samsung to push out an update for an Edge phone that strips away the functionality of the Edge. Seems like they just pushed us the Note 4 update.

On the bright side, It does seem a good bit faster though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance