Lollipop? I Think I Will Pass...

StaticidePT

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have heard nothing but nightmare stories coming from people who have updated their Note 4 and Edges to Lollipop. Not sure why people are still excited to get it. As much as I really want the update, I just don't think I can deal with having the issues that may come with it. Especially with no fixes in sight yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This here Note Edge has been on Lollipop for several days and I've not had any (spelled ANY) negative issues. Not only is my awesome phone working as awesomely as it was before but now I have full use of the SD card. Yeah the camera controls slid off the Edge screen onto the main screen but I can't really complain about that.

My Note Edge is just as awesome, if not more so, as it was on Kit Kat.

📐Welcome to the Dark. From the Note Edge.🍷

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
So basically a factory reset once I add Lollipop to my Edge is the first thing I should do... got it!

Posted via the Android Central App
All I did on all 3 of my phones was wipe the cache in Recovery. They've been great since.

📐Welcome to the Dark. From the Note Edge.🍷

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Mine is on Sprint. I haven't had any issues either and I swear my battery life has improved even more...

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Cyco9

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If I could easily go back to kit Kat I would.

The pros to lollipop:
The phone is noticeably smoother and there are a few UI features that are nice upgrades. Being able to customize the second favorites Edge is great. The aesthetics to lollipops Material Design look clean. And I'm guessing the SD card thing is great but that doesn't effect me.

The cons:
I did like the camera shutter button on the edge. What they did to the lock screen is horribly inconvenient for controlling music on the fly. When I drive I put my phone in a dash mount and blue tooth my music. By taking away the lock screen widgets and only giving us tiny control buttons it has taken a step backwards for functionality.

I also don't like looking at my lock screen and being forced to see a bunch of white rectangles. For an os that prices itself on customization they took a step back there too.

I guess now I'm hoping the next update fixes some of these issues. Part of me wishes the phone was more popular so it would be worth it for developers to produce more apps that fix some of these problems as well as more Edge apps.

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
If I could easily go back to kit Kat I would.

The pros to lollipop:
The phone is noticeably smoother and there are a few UI features that are nice upgrades. Being able to customize the second favorites Edge is great. The aesthetics to lollipops Material Design look clean. And I'm guessing the SD card thing is great but that doesn't effect me.

The cons:
I did like the camera shutter button on the edge. What they did to the lock screen is horribly inconvenient for controlling music on the fly. When I drive I put my phone in a dash mount and blue tooth my music. By taking away the lock screen widgets and only giving us tiny control buttons it has taken a step backwards for functionality.

I also don't like looking at my lock screen and being forced to see a bunch of white rectangles. For an os that prices itself on customization they took a step back there too.

I guess now I'm hoping the next update fixes some of these issues. Part of me wishes the phone was more popular so it would be worth it for developers to produce more apps that fix some of these problems as well as more Edge apps.

With the lock screen notifications, you can go into the Sounds and Notifications menu and personalize what shows up on your lock screen
:)

Cyco9

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I did that but the notification style can't be customized away from the small buttons they give you on the lock screen. No more widgets on the lock screen is a terrible idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance