The only thing I seem to be able to do is swipe diagonally down from the top left corner but all that does is give me a mini window in front of my other window. I'd like to have a straight 50/50 split screen so that I can access both apps. I used to be able to do this on my S5. There must be some way to do it on this phone?
    04-16-2015 12:22 PM
    I found a way to do it through the recent apps menu. Not my ideal way, but it works.
    04-16-2015 12:36 PM
    If you long press the 'back' button you should get on the left of the screen a window with icons of programs. You drag one from there to the upper part and to the lower part.
    04-16-2015 03:15 PM
    Did you figure out how to do it? If you hold down the button on the left face It will bring up every app that you have opened, on top of the little window like an explorer's window there should be bars side-by-side to indicate that you can split the screen with this app.
    04-16-2015 06:23 PM
    If you long press the 'back' button you should get on the left of the screen a window with icons of programs. You drag one from there to the upper part and to the lower part.
    When I do this, I still get that stupid lil window instead of the full 50/50 split.
    04-17-2015 10:30 AM
    Did you figure out how to do it? If you hold down the button on the left face It will bring up every app that you have opened, on top of the little window like an explorer's window there should be bars side-by-side to indicate that you can split the screen with this app.
    Yeah, I can get it to work like this but I was hoping to do it the way Whitecollar suggested. That is the way i used to be able to do it on my S5.
    04-17-2015 10:31 AM
    It still works for me. It doesn't for you?
    04-17-2015 03:00 PM
    first you have to make sure that both apps that you open are able to be resized. then open one app, in the hold down the back button and then choose another app, then take the app that's on the front and drag it to the top of the screen. hope that helps.
    04-18-2015 11:53 AM
    When I do this, I still get that stupid lil window instead of the full 50/50 split.
    Some apps don't take up the full half of the screen, like contacts for example.
    04-18-2015 12:28 PM
    I have read this thread but it seems confusing...Follow these steps.

1. Press and hold the back button (to the right of the home button) until the split screen apps slide in from the left of the screen.
    2. Drag one app out
    3. Drag a second app out.

You should now have two apps open splitting the screen equally in half.

To modify what apps are available to view this way, press and hold the back button until the split screen apps pop out from the left again and at the bottom, tap the triangle and select edit.

I hope that helps.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-18-2015 02:57 PM
    I have read this thread but it seems confusing...Follow these steps.

1. Press and hold the back button (to the right of the home button) until the split screen apps slide in from the left of the screen.
    2. Drag one app out
    3. Drag a second app out.

You should now have two apps open splitting the screen equally in half.

To modify what apps are available to view this way, press and hold the back button until the split screen apps pop out from the left again and at the bottom, tap the triangle and select edit.

I hope that helps.

That's what I was trying to say.
    04-18-2015 05:45 PM
    Agreed. I just spelled it out a little more. If the dual screen app list doesn't come in from the left for OP when holding down return, then they have a defective phone. I will say, the first time I engaged this feature, it seemed to take a little longer holding return.

04-19-2015 09:23 AM
    That is what I tried doing it but it doesn't work. No matter what I do, I get the stupid mini second window that i can move anywhere on the screen. The method you are describing is exactly what i would do on my S5 and it worked every time.

EDIT: and now out of nowhere, it is working again.
    04-21-2015 10:08 AM
    Restart and cache clear always seems to clear up these weird issues for me.
    04-21-2015 12:32 PM