I'm at 35%. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's a winner.
    05-04-2015 06:38 PM
    I'm at 35%. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's a winner.
    Wish I saw this sooner. I would have told you NOT to update. I updated a few weeks ago on AT&T and I HATE lollipop. Not only do I dislike its pastel color theme, but it has taken away a good portion of what makes the Note Edge, a Note Edge and not a Note 4.

Like your camera button on the Edge screen? Me too. It's gone. It's now on the right side of the main screen.

Like notifications on the Edge screen so it doesn't block whatever app you are currently in? Too bad. They now have pop up notifications which appear on the main screen and you do not have the option to disable them.

Google/Android/Samsung/whoever, gave ZERO thought to tweaking lollipop to work with the Note Edge.
    05-05-2015 08:01 AM
    I thought you didn't have an option to update, that att would force it on you?
    05-05-2015 08:36 AM
    I thought you didn't have an option to update, that att would force it on you?
    Correct, AT&T did force the update on me unfortunately. The OP is on T-mobile. Maybe they don't automatically push their updates through?
    05-05-2015 08:56 AM
    Wish I saw this sooner. I would have told you NOT to update. I updated a few weeks ago on AT&T and I HATE lollipop. Not only do I dislike its pastel color theme, but it has taken away a good portion of what makes the Note Edge, a Note Edge and not a Note 4.

Like your camera button on the Edge screen? Me too. It's gone. It's now on the right side of the main screen.

Like notifications on the Edge screen so it doesn't block whatever app you are currently in? Too bad. They now have pop up notifications which appear on the main screen and you do not have the option to disable them.

Google/Android/Samsung/whoever, gave ZERO thought to tweaking lollipop to work with the Note Edge.
    I actually prefer the camera controls the way they are with Lollipop. It's more convenient because it's next to my right hand instead of having to reach to the top where the edge would be.

Correct, AT&T did force the update on me unfortunately. The OP is on T-mobile. Maybe they don't automatically push their updates through?
    T-Mobile does not force the updates. My phone was rooted so I had to unroot it to upgrade using Kies since OTA won't work on rooted devices. I then rerooted my phone and I am happy. Great battery life and I am loving Lollipop.
    05-05-2015 09:07 AM
    I actually prefer the camera controls the way they are with Lollipop. It's more convenient because it's next to my right hand instead of having to reach to the top where the edge would be.
    I really liked the idea of holding my phone similar to my DSLR. Obviously this is just my preference but it felt very comfortable in my hands. Also, I enjoyed the concept of actually having the Edge screen be functional. The more they take away from it, the more it is like the worthless edge on the S6. The easiest solution would be to make these changes optional. Just give us a simple on/off switch in the settings menu.

T-Mobile does not force the updates. My phone was rooted so I had to unroot it to upgrade using Kies since OTA won't work on rooted devices. I then rerooted my phone and I am happy. Great battery life and I am loving Lollipop.
    I wish I could root my phone and go back to kitkat. From what I have read on these forums, there is no way to root the AT&t version.
    ADORE1069 likes this.
    05-05-2015 09:32 AM
    It kinda feels like my T-Mobile update was forced. I do not recall being given a choice, Once I hit a wifi on my list of connections, the OTA began. That said, I do like Lollipop so far. I never liked the camera buttons on the edge. It seemed i would hit that shutter inadvertently a lot. If I am missing edge notifications, that would be a bummer. I guess I have not noticed yet since there are none. If the edge stops covering some of my apps when open, this will be the biggest benefit for me. That was really problematic. I like most of the other features I have seen in Lollipop except the popups after a selection, like "just once/always," seem like they need a border around them and look unfinished somehow. That is not a problem but a preference. Lollipop seems to be operating very smoothly with no negative effect on my battery that I am aware of.
    05-05-2015 10:59 AM
    Can any one tell me when will I get update for sm n915f in I Pakistan

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-06-2015 10:19 PM
    I updated my Tmobile Note Edge to Lollipop and I'm getting both the battery drain bug (2% drain every 10 mins - wow!) and the overheating issues. Is the only way to fix this is to do a factory default wipe?

I really rather would not because I have a number of customizations that are hard to put back on the phone including some specific ones from work... But if that is the only way to fix it I will do that...someone who has done the factory reset please advise if it truly did fix the battery problem.

05-06-2015 11:09 PM
    I updated my Tmobile Note Edge to Lollipop and I'm getting both the battery drain bug (2% drain every 10 mins - wow!) and the overheating issues. Is the only way to fix this is to do a factory default wipe?

I really rather would not because I have a number of customizations that are hard to put back on the phone including some specific ones from work... But if that is the only way to fix it I will do that...someone who has done the factory reset please advise if it truly did fix the battery problem.

Have you tried to Clear Cache in Recovery Mode and if that helps give it a couple days to settle in!
    Worth a try!!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"
    eljeffe58 likes this.
    05-07-2015 08:29 PM

My battery has been good so far. I'm really pleased. Sorry about ur issue. U may want to clear that cache as recommended above.
    05-08-2015 03:13 PM
    Have Lollipop on my TMobile Edge for a week now. Initially it was slow, heating up and drains battery. But after the apps finished updating and a restart, my Edge is smooth and fast.

However, I'm having some issues with music playback. I put on my headphones, turn on google play, turn off screen and put the phone in my pocket. After a while, music stops playing! I have to go back and hit play again to continue playing which sucks. Music files are saved on my SD card by the way.

Also, using my Bluetooth headphones, music is stuttering! Not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this.

Any help would be appreciated.
    05-13-2015 07:56 PM
    I did a factory reset post lollipop update and got better battery life. I miss the edge camera buttons and hate the color of messages, but performance overall is great. Plus SwiftKey is currently free in Galaxy App store.

Posted with my Galaxy Note Edge unrooted.
    05-13-2015 09:22 PM
    Have some issues.
    Using a Pyle Bluetooth speaker, Note Edge and my original Gear watch. When speaker is playing, and I stay too far from phone, my watch disconnects which is normal. It also stops the music from playing on my speaker.
    To test the issue, I restarted my watch, and...the music stopped as well.

Anyone have a fix for this? So far it only happens with Milk Music, which I like very much.

Posted with my Galaxy Note Edge unrooted.
    05-13-2015 09:26 PM
    I went back to KitKat for awhile on my Note Edge.

I really didn't have any problems, I just wanted to go back to the old version of S Health to use with my Gear S watch. I didn't like the new version of S Health.
    eljeffe58 likes this.
    05-14-2015 07:26 AM
    I did a hard reset as the music stopping after a few minutes is still bugging me. Anyone here have the same problems? I've went back with the default player and still running into the same problem.
    06-02-2015 11:01 AM