My battery phone had died and when I opened it,it requested a backup password that I don't know of.
    05-11-2015 05:18 AM
    I don't know that there's anything you can do about that. You may be able to change your security details via your Google account, but I don't know that it would work for a Samsung alternate password.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-11-2015 06:03 AM
    Its designed to NOT let you in, this will keep someone who stole your phone, from coming on the forums, like here, and getting information on how to bypass the password lock. If this is a legitimate issue (your phone), then I would suggest going to the store where you bought it, and getting help from one of their tech's.

Good Luck!
    Harry_Yambag likes this.
    05-18-2015 07:11 AM
    Going to the store will only let you talk to a clueless teenager..

Why don't you try to be more helpsome, is it because you don't know?
    05-21-2015 07:59 PM
    Going to the store will only let you talk to a clueless teenager..

Why don't you try to be more helpsome, is it because you don't know?
    Or...it's because this is an obvious tactic used by someone who unlawfully acquired someone elses phone. If your phone is password protected, its because YOU set a password. What are the odds you set a password on your phone (a device you use multiple times a day and enter that password multiple times) and don't remember it?

The advice you criticize is the best bet. They can verify you are the rightful owner and proceed from there.
    05-22-2015 08:42 AM
    If that someone who owns the phone don't encrypt it, then you're just talking security by obscurity.

I'm interested in this question, cause I'm an enthusiast. If you ain't got a solution, then you shouldn't answer the question and waste everybodys time.

I'm a GNU/Linux user and I know how to mount filesystem, chroot to it and change a damn password. I'm not familiar with how Android does it.

If the poor user lost his phone to a criminal and he or she forgot to encrypt the device, then it's their fault. It shouldn't hinder me from learning something. This is mildly irritating.
    05-22-2015 08:48 AM
    If that someone who owns the phone don't encrypt it, then you're just talking security by obscurity.

I'm interested in this question, cause I'm an enthusiast. If you ain't got a solution, then you shouldn't answer the question and waste everybodys time.

I'm a GNU/Linux user and I know how to mount filesystem, chroot to it and change a damn password. I'm not familiar with how Android does it.

If the poor user lost his phone to a criminal and he or she forgot to encrypt the device, then it's their fault. It shouldn't hinder me from learning something. This is mildly irritating.
    Then refer to this post on the front page of this sub... http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4371801
    05-22-2015 08:59 AM

I agree with Harry. Unless I had a stroke or became a vegetable from a car accident, I would never need to KNOW how to get in my phone. My unlock CODE is something I use every single day. With that being said, he is right. My phone is LOCKED automatically after 30 seconds of inactivity. What's to stop someone like you from snatching my phone and trying to unlock it? Orrrrrrrrrr a nosey girlfriend/bf from trying to access the phone hmmmm?

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    Harry_Yambag likes this.
    05-22-2015 11:20 AM