I want to do a hard rest but don't want to deal with downloading apps and getting all my accounts back up and running and etc.

Whats the most painless way to reset and restore my phone?

Thanks in advance.
    06-01-2015 05:56 PM
    A hard reset (I assume you're talking about a factory reset) uninstalls all your apps and deletes all your files (and your accounts). You're asking how to reset the phone without resetting the phone.

Maybe if we knew why you want to reset it we could tell you how to do what you want without resetting it.

To backup and restore the phone, see Backing up an Android Device. A lot of apps supplied by the phone manufacturer will back up some things, but not all, so you have to manually back up a lot. There's no "push one button" way of doing it. (Unless you hve a custom recovery installed - then just back up the data partition, hard reset and restore the data partition. But hard resetting is usually done because there's something wrong on the data partition, so you'll be restoring the problem.)
    06-01-2015 07:45 PM
    What phone are you trying to hardreset maybe I can help you
    06-02-2015 12:06 AM
    I just did a hard reset yesterday and I'm back running in a couple of hours. I did google back-up, saved my phone contacts onto the SD card, downloaded SMS back-up plus to save my SMS messages. I hit reset and after a few minutes and restarted it restored and downloaded all my apps back! Painless if you ask me. I just have to spend time setting up my e-mails, loggin and passwords for other apps (ie. Facebook, Hangouts, Evernote etc).
    06-02-2015 12:05 PM
    What phone are you trying to hardreset maybe I can help you
    Note Edge
    06-02-2015 02:14 PM