Why is my Galaxy Note Edge battery life so poor?

A

AC Question

Galaxy Note Edge -- Battery Life

I am really into that device more than the Note 4 in despite of the difference in price, but it seems that the battery life is a major issue, i connect to WiFi nearly all day with FB, Whatssup, (Viber and Skype sometimes) listen to Spotfy and Youtube for 1-2 houers
and with the S-PEN & the Edge apps??!!

How long it it expected to last?

what do you think? shall i go with the Note 4 or stick to that one? i really like that Edge!

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note Edge -- Battery Life

The Note 4 has a larger battery (about 1/3 larger), so even with the pen it should give you longer time between charges. (It also has a removable battery and an external SD card.)

As for how long, that depends on a few factors, like your mobile signal strength (if that's low it can kill your battery quickly), how bright you keep the screen, etc. It should have better life than my Note 3 which goes a day without needing a charge (and I charge at 40%).

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Not gonna believe me so I'm going to post the pics...

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-24-07-43-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-24-07-43-53.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 192
  • Screenshot_2015-06-24-07-44-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-24-07-44-25.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Screenshot_2015-06-24-07-44-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-24-07-44-04.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 192

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm having issues with my Note Edge too. For the last couple of weeks my battery life has sucked. I have to charge it around 5 PM everyday just to finish out the day. I looked at it today when I was plugging it in so I could make it the rest of the day and screen time was 1.5 hours. I have it attached to my moto 360 and my LG tones. Do you think maybe my battery has gone bad, and I should get a new one? Also , do you use the quick charge, or just regular charge? I'm wondering if I fried my battery because I use the quick charge every night.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

My new edge is giving me better battery life than my note 4

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Leafs1201

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site

I've had my Note Edge for just under two weeks now and I'm finding the battery life amazing on KitKat, last week I took my phone off charge when I got up for work at 03:30am and I finally charged it again at around 22:00 the following day and had got just over 5 hours 45 mins of on screen time, I had done some browsing, spent time on Facebook, looked at other apps, tethered my iPad from it and blue toothed some music in my car to and from work both days, to say I'm impressed is an understatement.

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

I am really into that device more than the Note 4 in despite of the difference in price, but it seems that the battery life is a major issue, i connect to WiFi nearly all day with FB, Whatssup, (Viber and Skype sometimes) listen to Spotfy and Youtube for 1-2 houers
and with the S-PEN & the Edge apps??!!

How long it it expected to last?

what do you think? shall i go with the Note 4 or stick to that one? i really like that Edge!

Thanks!

YouTube and FB murder the battery, from my experience.

I think it's just how you're using it. Your using pretty data intensive stuff.

I can have mine 100% at 6:30am and have it dead by 2-5pm fairly consistently, but I use a lot of data intensive Apps. (No energy saving features enabled)

~5hrs of screen on time is about normal, from what I've read. If your around that, your probably where you should be.

Posted via the Android Central App

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Is anyone else having this bad battery life. Screen on time is 1 hour 6 minutes. Slacker was a hour.

I have the screen set lower brightness then my note 4, the note 4 battery lasts a lot longer, and I know note 4 battery is bigger, but not that much bigger.

Just curious if this is normal or maybe the battery is shot. And battery dropped 3% doing this post.

Thanks

7cf0532f29efae79a15f883c2367ebf6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

scoolgirl101

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed that after my phone updated from Android version 5.0.0 to 5.0.1 my battery drained a lot faster and my phone is also slower. I'm waiting for 5.0.2 to update to see if this will fix the issues. I've had my Moto 360 connected before the update and my phone wasn't as slow as it is now - like, it wasn't slow at all.

Am I missing anything?

Tina Ferreira

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

I haven't read all the comments but mine increased once I stopped doing the quick charge option.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry. I should have asked which carrier you're with.

I'm with Sprint and that's the process on the Sprint version.

Kk thanks when I didn't see it, I was like, thanks AT&T.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

By the way, the fix for poor battery life I discovered was that you have to do a factory reset.

I found this out today by asking one of the representatives at the Samsung experience shop. I did not think he knew what he was talking about but I figured I'd give it a try just in case.

I am completely and pleasantly surprised that my battery life has gone from abysmal to outstanding.

If you have not performed a factory reset since you upgraded to lollipop then I would recommend you do so, and you should experience a noticeable improvement in battery life.

Elwaleed Mahmoud

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I think note edge is a great device. With some tweaking (greenify and ampere for example) you will get premium experience. It is just Samsung's handling of Android that is a minus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt