Problems since Lollipop upgrade.

Alches

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I am disappointed with the "improvements" that Lollipop delivered. Battery life seems worse and the camera changes are a backward step too.

The camera shutter release, Mode etc now clutters the screen again instead of being on the edge and the photo Review is no longer full screen and disappears too quickly to see the image!

Can these be changed? ....Or.... Can the original version of the camera be installed again?

Allan

darin7

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Noticed my Note 3 battery doesn't last as long either. But might be using the phone more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaskey

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I actually had the opposite. My battery used to die within about 10 hours - now it will last close to 24. All since the Lollipop upgrade. The Samsung indexing app was killing my phone. They seemed to have fixed it. Just got 5.1 last night. We'll see if it stays fixed.

Sleepwlkr45

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It was great for the first couple of days. Since then I've had random reboots, Bluetooth disconnects and problems maintaining a data connection.... Still faster than it was though...

Sent from my Galaxy note edge on Sprint! (hopefully...)

Taigatrommel

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Too bad I accidently also updated my Edge to Lollipop, I unlocked the phone, the update notification appeared and I wanted to hit the back button - but hit the install onscreen button. Oh well, there it started faster than I could react. My experiences with Lollipop is a mixed bag.

I really, really dislike those toast notificarions for WhatsApp, they are annoying and I have yet to find a way to disable them.

Battery life is mixed too. The daily batzery performanxece seems to be better, quite better I dare to say. However leaving the phone on standby over night the drain is much worse than it was with Kitkat. It seems lile the Google Play Services is usually responsible for 20-30% of the battery drain. Before Kitkat it was not even in the two digits percentage range. I already tried a factory reset, clearing the cache, yet those damn Play Services keep spiking.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
My standby battery life has been improved but the phone drains faster when it's actually being used. Before I could get a solid 12 hours of use (that's constantly browsing the web, playing music, taking pictures, etc.) but now it's about 4-5 hours of the same level of use. My phone's battery would drain pretty consistently under 4.4.4 in standby but that has been fixed. Even then I could always last until midnight with 4.4.4 (that's unplugging my phone at 5:30 AM) but now I'll be lucky to make it to 3:30 PM.

Bluetooth audio playback has also suffered, badly. Before I wouldn't get any skipping but 5.0.1 causes all sorts of random dropouts. It lasts for less than a second but I'll experience about 5 dropouts during my 10 minute morning commute. It's worse when I use PowerAmp as it will dropout 5 times in a single song. It doesn't matter if I use Bluetooth in my car (Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX and AAC), my headphones (Bluetooth 4.0 with AAC), UE Megaboom (I think Bluetooth 2.1 with AAC), or my Bose SoundLink Color (I think Bluetooth 2.1 with AAC, maybe Bluetooth 3.0).

My past experience with updates from Samsung/Verizon is why I will never buy a Samsung phone again. I had an S5 and it was awesome until Android 5.0.0. I have a Note Edge and it was even better but 5.0.1 has pretty much killed it.

RC_Cola

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Another Lollipop issue has cropped up if you own a Note Edge and Gear S Watch. Some of the Note Edges (Like Mine) will not automatically forward to the Gear S Watch when out of Bluetooth range. I had to call AT&T and talk to their advance technical team. The team had to go into the my phone's network call forwarding system and input my Gear S phone number into the system.

Taigatrommel

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
My problems disappeared by the way. I did a hardreset by holding the volume rocker and power button and, after about a day, the drain disappeared. Right now everything is better than it was on Kitkat, the only thing still driving me nuts are those damn popup toast notifications of Whatsapp and BBM, still haven't found a decent way of disabling those :(

RC_Cola

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I talk to Samsung, they said that my baseband version N915AUCU2BOC7 is not the latest version. They recommended that I go to Samsung at Best Buy or go to a Samsung Repair Center to have them flash my phone. I am going to the Samsung Repair Center tomorrow.

idrisst50

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Too bad I accidently also updated my Edge to Lollipop, I unlocked the phone, the update notification appeared and I wanted to hit the back button - but hit the install onscreen button. Oh well, there it started faster than I could react. My experiences with Lollipop is a mixed bag.

I really, really dislike those toast notificarions for WhatsApp, they are annoying and I have yet to find a way to disable them.

Battery life is mixed too. The daily batzery performanxece seems to be better, quite better I dare to say. However leaving the phone on standby over night the drain is much worse than it was with Kitkat. It seems lile the Google Play Services is usually responsible for 20-30% of the battery drain. Before Kitkat it was not even in the two digits percentage range. I already tried a factory reset, clearing the cache, yet those damn Play Services keep spiking.

Hey Did you find a way to disable those white notifications? VERY ANNOYING