Samsung Galaxy Note Edge - Rear Camera Focusing Problem

Replica69

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi, guys, just dropping by to ask some info about this, I've had my Note Edge (SM-N915F) for about two months now, at first everything was fine, the camera was focusing normally (fast, no blurs), and then, after a few weeks following my upgrade to Lollipop, I suddenly noticed that it has become blurry, and after several seconds it will then start to focus slowly back to normal.

From what I've observed, it takes much more time for the camera to focus if the camera has been idle for quite some time, like for a couple of hours, to a day or two, and after it has focused back to normal, it will now only take a few seconds for it to focus normally in the succeeding uses.

I've been wondering if this was a hardware problem or a software issue, since at first, the camera was OK, until I got my Lollipop upgrade.

Since then, I've been browsing the web for fixes, here are the following things that I've tried so far and failed;

*Force stopping the camera app and clearing it's cache/data
*Using it in Safe Mode
*Switching between Metering Modes
*Using other camera apps
*Removing the battery and putting it back after several seconds
*Setting the storage to the phone memory
*Deselecting all rear camera modes
*Factory resetting my phone

So, I was wondering if you guys have any info for a fix on this, because frankly, as much as possible, I don't want to return this to where it was bought (from a different country) just so it can be repaired , thanks in advance, guys :)

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Same thing is happening to mine now as well. Hopefully, someone knows a fix for this as I doubt Samsung is going to come out with a fix for this (since the Note Edge seems to be an after thought for them based on the lollipop update eliminating great features of this phone).

Replica69

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, hopefully someone knows how to fix this, although I'm hoping that the next update can fix this camera issue, currently, I'm getting used to handling this problem (by first warming up the camera, a few seconds of blurriness, after that everything is good, although it's hard to manage a quick shot initially).