How is 5.1 treating sprint users?

sbjforumman

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
My wife updated to 5.1 and wishes she hadn't. Ever since the update she's had ridiculous issues which she hasn't been able to resolve even after hard resetting. Finally I wound up rooting and installing a custom os to fix things.

Synenome

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I noted the same everlasting notification icon issue with headset or S pen use, but it doesn't appear to affect performance. Haven't experienced much noticeable lag, but 5.1.1 was practically a new install as soon add I got the phone. I emailed Zedge and they are working on a lollipop fix.

Posted via the Android Central App

danielshouse

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I've figured out what was causing the lag issue on my Samsung S6 after the lollipop 5.1 update. As a developer I installed the Android SDK and finally captured logs from my device when it would pause, lock and then be hung for awhile. The logs files contained a lot of information about the Jawbone UP2 application. Once I removed that application my phone is now back to a fast working device. I'm going to try installing it again to see if the problem comes back.

carvation

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Starting to get the headphone and spen icon staying on, doesn't affect the device but it's annoying, I usually root my phones but still don't feel confident in rooting it yet

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab® S

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I did another factory reset, and once the phone started up again I did one again just for the heck of it. Instead of reinstalling my apps right away, i installed them one by one. It seems certain apps cause the lag and lock ups and others don't. It started up again when I reinstalled Twitter, but once uninstalled the phone works smooth as butter again. I would try this if you're having the phone frequently lock up-

I still don't have all my apps installed, but at least it works like it should!

The only thing is edge notifications are still broken, they worked after the reset but once the phone was restarted, they stopped.

Mexydee

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
My wife updated to 5.1 and wishes she hadn't. Ever since the update she's had ridiculous issues which she hasn't been able to resolve even after hard resetting. Finally I wound up rooting and installing a custom os to fix things.

yeah .... what did you install and did it work?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci