Overheating and muffled sounds

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had my phone for 2 days and of course it's not getting ANY downtime at all with me playing with it and setting it up. It runs really hot, is that so for anybody else? I've already reset it twice, but it gets hot!!!

Also, when I had it on speakerphone, my brother said he could barely understand what I was saying. He heard me better without the speakerphone AND on the Gear S speakerphone was better than the phones speakerphone. And suggestions?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone for 2 days and of course it's not getting ANY downtime at all with me playing with it and setting it up. It runs really hot, is that so for anybody else? I've already reset it twice, but it gets hot!!!

I just purchased a used one on Swappa and I'm setting it up now. I did notice that it gets an intermittent rather warm spot on the back to the left of the Verizon logo. Do you think there's any reason for concern on that?

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased a used one on Swappa and I'm setting it up now. I did notice that it gets an intermittent rather warm spot on the back to the left of the Verizon logo. Do you think there's any reason for concern on that?

I would take that because I know they can run a little hot. Mine was getting hot all over. Even when I barely used it or charged it. Took it to AT&T and swapped for a new one. We will see what the norm is.

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine gets hot also. While driving I have it in a dock and use the Sirius app and waze and it gets pretty hot. I can't charge it while using it that way because I get warnings about it overheating

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I believe it's the SD card. I was just restoring stuff from the SD card to the new phone and that's when it got warm. It's not hot, just warmer than the rest of the phone and the heat is coming directly from where the SD card sits. I don't think it's a problem :)

Synenome

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine runs very hot as well when continuously running an app such as navigation. I use Bluetooth speakers in the car, so can't say if sound is also affected. Maybe it's from running the same hardware with a slightly smaller battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a SD card in it so not sure on that. But I went to AT&T and exchanged it for another phone. I notice when it's charing it's a Lil warm, but not nearly as warm as the other one was.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
The Waze app is a huge offender of this. However I have also found that after the newest security update (Sprint) the phone gets hot as hell on the charger...

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I believe it's the SD card. I was just restoring stuff from the SD card to the new phone and that's when it got warm. It's not hot, just warmer than the rest of the phone and the heat is coming directly from where the SD card sits. I don't think it's a problem :)

Hey trying to connect with you to get your opinion! Left this post for you in another thread: Yo Shaggy... may all be well in your world. Looking at the Edge and remember you from the Note 3 forums. Did you upgrade from your N3 to the NE or do a N4 first? You still happy? As the specs are different than the N3. Let me hear from you... thanks! Peace

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia