[TL/DR] The decision to go from Windows Phone/Microsoft Band to Galaxy Edge 4 and Gear 2 Neo was a great decision.

Ok, so here we go.

For any of you that visit Windows Central, you will know me as a Microsoft Guy. Through and through.

I used to work for them, I was there when Ballmer stepped down. I was there when Windows Phone 8 was released and had my Lumia 920 the day it released. I assure you, all great memories.

Recently, my 1520 had an accident and broke. Insurance was trying to give me either a low end Lumia or an M8 Windows Phone. Honestly, unacceptable.

I decided to come back to Android due to the lack of Windows Phone Flagship options. Bad decision Microsoft... I ultimately ended up with the Note Edge. I was hesitant, but the edge tech was very interesting and I thought it was a great idea. I have also owned a note in the past, so like the series. Not only was this a good decision, but man, it was a REALLY good decision!! I love this thing!!

To add insult to injury, my Microsoft Band (my second on, had one replaced for the same reason) decided to stop charging. Fortunately, I had the warranty from Best Buy and went in to exchange it for another. Well, they didn't have another my size.

Searching for a different device, I was drawn to the Samsung Gear S. HUGE issue with that device. It needs it's won Voice/Data plan. I already have 5 lines and 2 tablets on my account, I didn't need the cost of another line (especially with the Next Plan devices I am paying on make my bill over $400/mo as it is).

I decided to go with the Gear 2 Neo since I had a Samsung galaxy phone. In all honesty, I have to say that I am rather impressed with the device as well as the way it works so well with my Note Edge.

Surprising most of all is the SHealth app. This app is, well, compared to other apps I have used, a real one stop shop.

I can track the things that are important to me:

Sleep
    Steps
    Food
    Water
    Caffeine
    Walk
    Bike
    (I don't run)

I remember in the past I had to use several different apps to get all of this. Now, I have it all in one place and makes it so much easier to input data and look at trends. I am waiting until I have a few weeks of data to really see what thins can do. Paired with the Gear 2 Neo, I am hoping I can really make sure things are tracked.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-17-2015 07:30 AM
    Nice to see you around here.

I've also switched to Android for my phone and tablet. I don't have a smartwatch, but if I were to get one I'd want one that looks like a real watch. I don't have any interest in fitness trackers.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    Talderon likes this.
    08-17-2015 07:36 AM