phone keeps freezing

88dale88jrfan

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine hastoo. I even called verizon. They remotely went in my phone,downloaded all apps ND contacts. Then wiped all software. Then installed NE software. But since lollipop update it ducks still

Posted via the Android Central App

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Since the update my phone has also been very jittery. My battery life is abysmal, and the Samsung keyboard keeps looping and force stopping that I almost bought a Note 5 today.

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm pretty disappointed in performance also. After the lollipop update I did do a factory reset but I still get "unfortunately x has stopped" errors. And the battery life sucks for me to.

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I will never do a major OS update again on any phones i have. Kitkat was AMAZING on this phone. The updates have ruined everything. I cant get the stock Kitkat software to flash via Odin either so im stuck!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm pretty disappointed in performance also. After the lollipop update I did do a factory reset but I still get "unfortunately x has stopped" errors. And the battery life sucks for me to.

I performed a factory reset and my experience has been that the performance of the phone has improved dramatically.

The OS is much smoother, the battery life is amazing, and the freeze ups have ceased.

I took the recommendation to perform a factory reset at the suggestion of the representative at the Samsung Experience Shop. I didn't think it would do any good, and I almost ignored him completely, but I'm glad I took the plunge and did the update.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you running 5.1? I did like three resets, it still freezes up. Maybe ill try it again

Yes. 5.1.

I am surprised it hasn't worked for you. To be honest I didn't think it would work for me, but my phone was in such bad shape I was deperate to try anything.

I would suggest trying it again, and see what you get. By the way, are you using an OEM battery or third party? They will also make a difference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-23-21-23-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-23-21-23-33.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 28

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Yup, stock battery and everything. I reset it again numerous times last night and it hasn't frozen and I have my edge notifications back. There are a few little glitches but it's better. I'm scared to have to restart the phone because when I did that last time, the edge notifications stopped working.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I hope this is the last time you have to perform a factory reset. They are painful I know, but if it means the phones will perform better then you can feel like it's worth it.

I wish you the best!