Edge Notifications not working

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
It's been a couple months that I've been running 5.1.1 and the performance is still atrocious, and i still get ZERO edge notifications. I'm just wondering if anyone was able to find a fix for this as i really miss them. I have edge notifications turned on in settings but ever since the update I get the lollipop banners and nothing else. Ive done about 10 factory resets as well. Any advice is appreciated.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
It's been a couple months that I've been running 5.1.1 and the performance is still atrocious, and i still get ZERO edge notifications. I'm just wondering if anyone was able to find a fix for this as i really miss them. I have edge notifications turned on in settings but ever since the update I get the lollipop banners and nothing else. Ive done about 10 factory resets as well. Any advice is appreciated.

Are all your accounts synced? Facbook, Google?

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

haiz_wcy

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I got this problem too...edge screen only function when call is come... apps notification like what app is showing on the top notification bar... any can help on this ? I think tis is annoy to all note edge user

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking is an update problem. I've had same issues since the update. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.....This is NOT a good thing when half the features of the phone just plain aren't working.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I downloaded the newest OTA yesterday that was suppose to fix the bugs in the operating systems. After letting it set a day there were even more bugs. This morning I did a factory reset and now everything seems to be working just fine. Still shows 5.1.1 but everything seems to be running good. It's a hassle to have to do but I suggest doing it if your having problems after an update.

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Do your edge notifications work? Even after turning the phone on and off?

I did the lastest Sprint update and the only issue left for me is the edge notifications still.

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I did a factory reset last night and edge notifications started working no matter how many times I turned the phone on and off which was awesome. I synced everything back up and plugged the phone in and went to bed. Woke up and they STOPPED working sometime in the middle of the night randomly! I didn't pull my SD card when I did the reset, could that have any effect?

I thought I finally fixed this but I guess not. Maybe I will try another reset and pull the SD card. I just don't understand what's causing them to randomly stop.

Overall though the update is great. My phone is super smooth now :)

Mbckl

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys. First of all, i registered specifically to tell you of this solution. It's a very frustrating problem, im not sure if it's a bug too...

Ive tried factory reset, clearing cache (all three times, though it's probably a bit useless considering I'm not rooted/flashing custom roms).

As most people realise, this works until you restart the phone or randomly in the middle of the night as the phone goes into deep sleep mode.

I've tried disabling, enabling apps to no avail.

This is the solution my friends...

Go to settings->sounds and notifications -> notifications on lock screen change to show contents.

You may need to restart the phone.

And notification is back.

Im not sure why this is the case (i have fingerprint lock enabled), but i think this is done for privacy purposes. It will be silly if you had notification hidden then it comes up on the edge screen. So when you have notification hidden, the bug is probably that ALL notification is hidden.

Let me know if this works for all of you!

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
WHOA IT WORKS!!!!! Thank you for posting this solution! Too bad the content of my notifications have to be visible to have edge notifications work, but at least they work. Hopefully Samsung will fix this bug.

banucin

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Hey there,

I have done it and now my edge notifications are back (Android 5.1.1 Samsung Galaxy Note Edge). Some apps (Inbox) notify only through the Edge screen. Others, however (Telegram, Whatsapp) notify both through the edge screen (black and quiet and smooth and nice that last a bit shorter) and the silly lollipop banners (white and big and they stay longer) from the top of the screen. I'm guessing this is related with the apps but if anyone finds a solution to disable the white and ugly ones, that'd be appreciated :)

idrisst50

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Me too, exact situation after the Android 5.1.1 update, those white notifications are very annoying they're one of the reasons i'm sticking with my Note Edge, and i couldn't find where to desable them in settings :/
Please is someone has a solition...