Calendar = S Planner?

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Quick and easy question, I hope: on the Note Edge I have an app called Calendar, which I took to be the stock Android Calendar app. However, I've seen lots of references to the Samsung S Planner app, and screenshots of it look pretty much just like this "Calendar" app. And I don't have an app on this phone called S Planner. So is the app called Calendar just a renamed S Planner, rather than the stock Calendar?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It depends on the carrier implementation, really, and I believe Samsung stopped using S-Planner as a name a few devices ago. But yeah, Samsung phones don't have the 'stock' Android Calendar app, they have S-Planner, but it might be named differently and people just got used to calling it S-Planner.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, that's very helpful. It's a Verizon phone, if that makes any difference. A little annoying that it's labeled "Calendar" when it's not the stock app.

I ask because I've been having some problems with a 3rd-party calendar app seemingly activating Calendar (i.e., I guess, "S Planner") notifications along with its own. Weird and very hard to turn off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000