AT&T Note Edge OTA Released Today (10/09/2015)

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone downloaded and installed today's 697.51MB OTA yet?

Mine is downloading (slowly) and will post back with what I find. If anyone downloaded/installed it, please let us know. :D

Thanks,

macolliejr

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Mines downloading now. Minus an hour pause when I left wifi to go to lunch it's taken about two hours to reach 70%

Posted via the Android Central App

JohnNadeau

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having problems getting this update to install?

We have two Galaxy Note Edge phones (all stock... no hacks), both on AT&T, and they are both experiencing the same issue.

Twice now we've (painfully) waited for the Software Update to download (600meg!), the phone restarts, gets to about 2% installed, then says "Update Failed", then reboots back to prior version.

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
It took a long time downloading, but mine did install clean and is working just fine.

One negative (for me) is that Samsung removed the Lockscreen's fullscreen album art. You now get a small strip across the screen which can be pulled down and made (very slightly) larger but still pretty small. I really liked the Lockscreen's full screen album art, don't know why they removed it and do NOT even offer a choice of mini-strip or fullscreen??? Aargh ...//

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this is the 5.1.1 update.

Scared the hell out of me first because almost all of my apps that were moved to SD Card showed up and "Not Installed". Letting the phone sit for a while and a reboot and everything came back up.

Some nice new features to boot. Still waiting for mine to settle before I make too much of a decision. However, still happy to have 5.1.1.

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Well; never realized how much I would miss the Lockscreen's Album Art in Fullscreen. I really don't like how small the image is now on 5.1.1 \

The rest of 5.1.1 is fine, nothing very different from 5.0.1, which always worked well for me and which I was happy with.

So - Is there any way at all for me to return to 5.0.1 ? ... even if I have to do a wipe/master reset etc ???

** EDIT **
Never mind regarding returning to 5.0.1 - did lots of research and it is a very tricky, technical undertaking unless you've got a Nexus or other bootloader unlocked device .... alas///

Last edited:

Sammytheorangutan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
You guys are just now getting the 5.1.1 update??? Jeez, man. Sprint got it MONTHS ago. Went from 4.4.4 to 5.0.1 for all of a week then right up to 5.1.1. Never got 5.0. Each new "upgrade" has been better overall but has added a bit more bloatware. I think my next phone will be a Nexus 6P. I like Android and that will be the purest Android I can get. (And I'll get the upgrades quickly.) Just gotta make sure I can run the 6P on Sprint.

macolliejr

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the system ui not responding? It was sporadic at first but now almost everytime I unlock my phone I get a frozen home screen, or last opened page/app, I get an error message about the ui not responding. Then the screen blacks out and comes back after a second but needs to be unlocked again.

I've cleared the system cache and done both soft and hard restarts. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I got the update on the 9th, now I have this strange white line (looks like a line of lit up pixels) along the outside border of the edge screen. Did the usual, reboot, battery removal, hard-reset. I even turned off most of the edge functions. no change. anyone else seen this? My device has no screen or chassis damage at all. this started just after the 5.1.1 update. (I have the AT&T version Note Edge) **I know, but someones going to ask** :)

cheers
BR

Katrina Dale

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I tried to download it three times and it would install. I did a factory reset this morning because my phone was very slow. Ill try to upgrade it again later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol