How can I get the vibration to work again when receiving text messages on the Note Edge?

A

AC Question

how to the vibration to work again when recieving text messages on the note edge?

i have the samsung not edge and for some reason when i receive text message it doesn't vibrate. i havent change any settings to stop it from vibrating.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: how to the vibration to work again when recieving text messages on the note edge?

Welcome to AC!
What messaging app are you using?

tunoob

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: how to the vibration to work again when recieving text messages on the note edge?

i am using the default messaging app.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Did you make sure to go into the settings and checking that it didn't get turned off by accident?

tunoob

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site

yeah all the settings is the way it should be.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Do you at least get the notification telling you the message came in?

tunoob

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site

yeah whenever my friends text me or when i text myself to test if the vibration work the notification does show up. when i use other messaging apps such as bbm, whatsapp, etc it vibrates . also when someone calls me it vibrates. its just the text message that doesn't vibrate. tried turning on and off the vibrate message setting it didn't do anything. did the same thing restarted phone also didn't do anything. i dont really want to system restore my phone to get it working

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

yeah whenever my friends text me or when i text myself to test if the vibration work the notification does show up. when i use other messaging apps such as bbm, whatsapp, etc it vibrates . also when someone calls me it vibrates. its just the text message that doesn't vibrate. tried turning on and off the vibrate message setting it didn't do anything. did the same thing restarted phone also didn't do anything. i dont really want to system restore my phone to get it working

That's really weird. Well, you can also try installing a third party messaging app. Google Messenger and Textra are both great IMO. You could test that to at least see if it works

tunoob

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site

so ive tried using textra. it vibrates when i get text messages. but now it wont show my message on the edge.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Oh, yeah. I'm not sure which apps are supported for that notification service.

Go to settings > applications > messaging (the original one) and hit clear cache on the app. Then try that one again