Finally got to 5.1.1

jnagator

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
After trying to figure out why my Edge was not upgrading to 5.1 from my 4.4.4, AT &T told me to go to a Samsung experience center in Best Buy. They told me that they can flash my phone to the new release in 20 minutes. Sure enough I was updated with no issues.

Let's see how the phone works now as I have not been impressed so far.

88dale88jrfan

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the note edge. And had nothing but problems since I went to first release 5.0.1. I want the newest version 5.1.1. I keep getting Samsung keyboard not responding. I've had verizon uninstall everything and reinstall. I've had reflash by best buy. Still having issues. Verizon won't do anything but send me a certified like new replacement. Samsung says send it in. Then be without my phone for 2 weeks. I'm fed up

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
After trying to figure out why my Edge was not upgrading to 5.1 from my 4.4.4, AT &T told me to go to a Samsung experience center in Best Buy. They told me that they can flash my phone to the new release in 20 minutes. Sure enough I was updated with no issues.

Let's see how the phone works now as I have not been impressed so far.

Good for you. Let us know your experience. Unfortunately there is no info for t-mobile note edge update.

Posted via the Android Central App

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I received the 5.1.1 update on my T-Mobile version and so far I have a few issues. The worst one is the fact that the phone doesn't recognize my wallet cover. When I open the cover it doesn't wake up the screen. When I close it does nothing and you can see the screen coming through the edge. The other issue I ran into was when my alarm went off this morning it didn't give me the option to dismiss on the edge panel. I had to silence it on the screen. Also, it seems a bit laggy when I try to bring down the notification screen and a few other gestures. Some of the edge panels are now transparent which is kind of cool. Would be nice to know if anyone has seen these issues and if they find any way to fix the wallet cover issue .Thanks.

coolandroid1

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

Recently updated my NOte Edge on 11Dec15 to 5.1.1 (699MB update)

It feels crazy as I am facing a lot of issues in my device after this immature update.

1. Edge screen notifications not working
2. Not receiving any notifications related to whatsapp
3. Battery is draining like anything. 100% at 8am will go down to 20% at 2pm with not much usage
4. Device is heating up
5. Not able to send camera clicked images in whatsapp

Kindly help. Can't wait for an another update to get rid of all these bugs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie