Verizon Note Edge issues

JaiHook

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having battery issues with their phone? See attached with 1h 8m of screen time. Also while posting this my batter went from 35% to 12% WTF!
Lastly my phone freezes a lot lately & restarts on its own. I'm so annoyed. I love this phone but I want to throw it across the room most the time here lately.
Also note I did a hard reset a couple months ago. I'd rather not do that again as it is annoying, time consuming to set things back up & an inconvenience.
Any advice is appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-23-17-07-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-23-17-07-29.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 76

88dale88jrfan

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine freezes alot. A few times said I had no sim card. And here lately if I'm on facebook while charging. I get a notification saying my phone is draining faster than its charging. I have done everything Samsung and verizon have asked me to do. They want me to send off and be phoneless for 2 weeks. I am disgusted to say the least.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine is the same way. My phone will be a year old in February. I've reset three times and still have force closes and other issues. With the problems between this phone and my gear s I think this will be the last Samsung products I buy

JP39208

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
the battery is horrible to say the least !! Mine was purchased a few months ago and this plus a couple other issues had me seriously questioning my purchase. . personally I 'am hoping an update fixes the issue . I absolutely LOVE my note but this is something I wish I researched more before purchasing .

Sent from my Note Edge

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
My note edge is now nearly unusable, it lags so much and the battery can drop in 10%+ increments in a matter of seconds. It's insane to say the least, I bought a used LG G2 (my previous phone) and now use it.. Sad to say but it performs much much better for being almost a year and a half older. Can safely say I will not be buying Samsung again....

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I got a year and a month out of my original battery. Around the 7 month mark the battery started acting up, dropping in +10 increments and blah blah. I suggest you try a new battery before you write off the phone.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I got a year and a month out of my original battery. Around the 7 month mark the battery started acting up, dropping in +10 increments and blah blah. I suggest you try a new battery before you write off the phone.

It's not just the battery, the performance is sub par for a year old device.. With 3GB of RAM even

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Lemme try this again. If THAT is the original battery, start there and replace it. I can't make this up; the issues that I was having was cleared up by a new battery.

SR56

May 16, 2015
Visit site
My phone was operating mostly great until today. Battery life went from 70ish% to 40ish, then all of a sudden died a few minutes later. I thought it was just a random restart like has happened once or twice with this and other phones I've had, but when I restarted the battery was at zero. No warning beeps, no nothing. Just bam. So I plugged into the fast charger and got it back up to 100%. It started just losing juice in big chunks. I plugged it in at 12% and it's fluctuated from 10-14% for over am hour when normally it would top off pretty quickly.

Never had a phone do this before. I saw one person up above have a similar issue. Was it resolved? Anyone else?

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
My phone was operating mostly great until today. Battery life went from 70ish% to 40ish, then all of a sudden died a few minutes later. I thought it was just a random restart like has happened once or twice with this and other phones I've had, but when I restarted the battery was at zero. No warning beeps, no nothing. Just bam. So I plugged into the fast charger and got it back up to 100%. It started just losing juice in big chunks. I plugged it in at 12% and it's fluctuated from 10-14% for over am hour when normally it would top off pretty quickly.

Never had a phone do this before. I saw one person up above have a similar issue. Was it resolved? Anyone else?

In another thread...quite a few of us were having battery related issues. Granted we all had got the phone on day 1 from various carriers. Mine being from Sprint.

The consensus we had was around the 7-8 month mark, the ORIGINAL battery would start acting wonky. Being at 25% and all of a sudden the phone goes dead and things of that nature.

It appears after a few hundred charges, the original battery is no longer able to hold a full charge. This is normal amongst rechargeable batteries over time. The problem is, the Android says 100% when in reality it's 80%-75%. You have a 20% chunk of battery that's now dead. My new battery fixed all my minor issues which is why I said start with the battery.

cameronmangast

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It's not just the battery. I bought my phone in July, I have 3 batteries, and I change them all the time. I have the same issues.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Well I just bought a 4600 mah battery for the note edge off eBay for $15 maybe it'll help, otherwise I'm planning on buying a Samsung battery as well, since they're on sale (a little) and they have nfc (4600mah doesn't)