Hello,
    I have a note edge with 5.1.1. on AT&T. It continuously switches from mobile network to wifi connections on its own even with the Smart Network Switch option off. This is a significant issue as I constantly lose connection when the phone goes from a stable mobile network to wifi signals that either are weak or require acknowledgment or passwords. How can I prevent this from happening and stay on mobile network connections unless I voluntarily switch?

Any help will be tremendously appreciate it.

Thank you,
    AG.
    01-21-2016 04:20 PM
    Hello,
    I have a note edge with 5.1.1. on AT&T. It continuously switches from mobile network to wifi connections on its own even with the Smart Network Switch option off. This is a significant issue as I constantly lose connection when the phone goes from a stable mobile network to wifi signals that either are weak or require acknowledgment or passwords. How can I prevent this from happening and stay on mobile network connections unless I voluntarily switch?

Any help will be tremendously appreciate it.

Thank you,
    AG.
    Can't you just turn the Wifi off and when you need it, turn it back on?

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    01-22-2016 05:20 AM
    When I do, it comes back on by itself. It is the strangest thing. Also, if it were to work properly, it's an inconvenience because sometimes I get home and completely forget. Then my mobile plan is used while I could be on wifi.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-22-2016 11:32 AM
    When I do, it comes back on by itself. It is the strangest thing. Also, if it were to work properly, it's an inconvenience because sometimes I get home and completely forget. Then my mobile plan is used while I could be on wifi.

In all fairness, my phone is only linked to one wifi connection and that is at my home. 7/10 times the phone automatically connects to the house wifi when I get close enough to the house. Every now and then I do have to hit the wifi button when I'm at home because it seems sometime my phone forgets. BUT, the second I turn the wifi on, it auto connects to the house.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    01-26-2016 04:57 PM
    T-mobile app (comes in built) has its own feature like smart switch which I turned off. Check if it is the case with At&t app.

01-26-2016 11:33 PM