Anyone moving to Note 7

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Expected BOGO offer on T-mobile and disappointed. Hope to see the offer once the initial craze goes away in probably a month or until LG V20 or new nexus devices are released.

Posted via the Android Central App

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I officially have ordered it this afternoon. Tmobile offers free overnight shipping once it becomes available which they estimate 8/18-8/19. First time pre-ordering a new phone like this. Currently have the Note 5 but very very interested in the Note 7

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I like how thin it is, but once you put a back shell on it the difference in size goes away. I'm gonna wait for Samsung's folding screen phone due next year.

project-valley-samsung-foldable.jpg

Last edited:

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I will be going to this phone soon, but need to wait. August is a horrible month for us as we have several birthdays, and one of them is not mine. :(

LOL!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I will be going to this phone soon, but need to wait. August is a horrible month for us as we have several birthdays, and one of them is not mine. :(

LOL!
Hey I know the feeling November is that way for me three of our four kids are born in November

Taigatrommel

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure yet, I actually just got my Note Edge out of the drawer because I finally wanted to sell it, installed the official Marshmallow update and was surprised Samsung added quite some fancy stuff, I am especially glad about the ability of taking notes when the screen is off - I was jealous of this feature when it was introduced last year with the Note 5, but Samsung didn't release the phone here.

There are some performance issues with my Note Edge, nothing serious but it can be annoying at times, especially regarding the S-Pen. Talking again about that screen-off note taking, it seems to work instantaneous with note only the Note 7, but also the Note 5, while it takes two or three seconds on my Note Edge. Same for action memo on the active device, not always, but it simply happens often enough.Last but not least the S Note app itself can be slow and freezing at times.
Yet the most annoying thing about this phone is the poor cellular reception, I am not kidding, this phone is the worst phone I have ever used when it comes to reception. Fixing this alone would be worth going straight to the Note 7.

What bothers me about the new Seven is the poor price/performance ratio. It's essentially a Galaxy S7 Edge with a bigger screen and the S-Pen, but costs a whopping EUR 200 more at the same shops. If those rumours with six gigs of RAM were true, the price would be more reasonable IMHO. So regardless of buying it or not, I will most likely wait two or three months, the price should have dropped then.

Cyco9

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I went to best buy and sampled the 7 the other day. It's a really amazing phone, the design, build quality and features are all really solid. Should be a great phone for a lot of people but it's just not my next phone.

I can't believe how lame they've made the edge feature. They made it super shallow so they only had to make one model, and it now feels really stripped down function wise. Not impressed. Like I said though, it'll be a great phone for a lot of people though just not me.

Fortunately my Note Edge is still running strong.

onlybuilt1906

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
After being beyond frustrated with AT&T not releasing Marshmallow for the Note Edge, I was all set to make the jump to the Note 7 -- until I played with it today. I'm all about screen real estate and the screen is quite a bit smaller than the Note Edge and didn't seem that much bigger than a S7. I like bigger phones and though I'll never switch to Apple, I do needs something the size of an iPhone 6+ or my Note Edge.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
After being beyond frustrated with AT&T not releasing Marshmallow for the Note Edge, I was all set to make the jump to the Note 7 -- until I played with it today. I'm all about screen real estate and the screen is quite a bit smaller than the Note Edge and didn't seem that much bigger than a S7. I like bigger phones and though I'll never switch to Apple, I do needs something the size of an iPhone 6+ or my Note Edge.

Note edge is 5.6" and note 7 is 5.7" screen. It's just that note 7 symmetry make is look small.

Posted via the Android Central App

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Note edge is 5.6" and note 7 is 5.7" screen.
It doesn't work like that.

Note Edge is 5.6 minus the Edge screen, it's actually quite a bit wider than the Note 7. I compared the two phones at vzw yesterday. Note 7 screen real estate is way smaller regardless of stats, it's just too narrow, it's just a bit larger than the S7. I like wider screens and Samsung is going with narrow designs now. Even though I see most Apple fans on the 6+ which is really large looking, specially offers wider real estate like the Note Edge and previous Note phones.

I would gladly carry a 6" phone if it's made by Samsung or is better than a Samsung phone.

Lastly it seems Samsung is basically doing away with real Edge screen and are just making the screens with a slight drop on the sides and apparently are planning to do this with all their upcoming phones as a design feature. So any type of Edge functionality is no longer relevant to Samsung.

Love live the Note Edge, until something real cool comes around.

Last edited:

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
If it comes. Was supposed to come out this year.

Was supposed to be announced in 2017 perhaps at CES, but I read recently a Samsung exec being quoted as saying they won't launch a folding screen until they can design a unique interface that can take advantage of the features. Meaning they don't want to launch this concept with just the current Touch Wiz. So, basically it's now on hold.

onlybuilt1906

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't work like that.

Note Edge is 5.6 minus the Edge screen, it's actually quite a bit wider than the Note 7. I compared the two phones at vzw yesterday. Note 7 screen real estate is way smaller regardless of stats, it's just too narrow, it's just a bit larger than the S7. I like wider screens and Samsung is going with narrow designs now. Even though I see most Apple fans on the 6+ which is really large looking, specially offers wider real estate like the Note Edge and previous Note phones.

I would gladly carry a 6" phone if it's made by Samsung or is better than a Samsung phone.

Lastly it seems Samsung is basically doing away with real Edge screen and are just making the screens with a slight drop on the sides and apparently are planning to do this with all their upcoming phones as a design feature. So any type of Edge functionality is no longer relevant to Samsung.

Love live the Note Edge, until something real cool comes around.

I knew I wasn't going crazy comparing them in the store. The Note 7 is a significantly smaller phone than the Note Edge.

wolvarine

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I am not sure yet, I actually just got my Note Edge out of the drawer because I finally wanted to sell it, installed the official Marshmallow update and was surprised Samsung added quite some fancy stuff, I am especially glad about the ability of taking notes when the screen is off - I was jealous of this feature when it was introduced last year with the Note 5, but Samsung didn't release the phone here.

There are some performance issues with my Note Edge, nothing serious but it can be annoying at times, especially regarding the S-Pen. Talking again about that screen-off note taking, it seems to work instantaneous with note only the Note 7, but also the Note 5, while it takes two or three seconds on my Note Edge. Same for action memo on the active device, not always, but it simply happens often enough.Last but not least the S Note app itself can be slow and freezing at times.
Yet the most annoying thing about this phone is the poor cellular reception, I am not kidding, this phone is the worst phone I have ever used when it comes to reception. Fixing this alone would be worth going straight to the Note 7.

What bothers me about the new Seven is the poor price/performance ratio. It's essentially a Galaxy S7 Edge with a bigger screen and the S-Pen, but costs a whopping EUR 200 more at the same shops. If those rumours with six gigs of RAM were true, the price would be more reasonable IMHO. So regardless of buying it or not, I will most likely wait two or three months, the price should have dropped then.

U aren't facing any issues on yr note edge regarding the night clock, phone freezing, battery drain, recurrent asking for password after 6.0 update?