6.0 Marshmallow: To update or Not?? PLS HELP

wolvarine

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Hello all, I received 6.0 update for my note edge few days back but I haven't installed the update as the reviews say that its a bad update & the phone gets a lot of bugs after updating to 6.0 marshmallow. My note edge is N915G model.
Pls tell me how is the note edge working after updating to 6.0?
Has the night clock issue been resolved?
Hows the battery life?
And how many more updates received after the original 6.0 update?
Any other issues u r facing?
Kindly answer all my questions. Really need an honest opinion. Thanks

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
What android version are you running now? 6 has some neat features, especially doze which really stretches your battery life out. Keep in mind you'll have to do a factory reset to get 6 working properly, otherwise it'll give you nothing but trouble. If you're on Lollipop (5.1) and happy I'd prolly stay. But if you're not happy 6 is very similair to 5.1, but adds some neat features.
I'm not big on upgrading if you're happy with what you have though.

wolvarine

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
My phone came with 5.0.1 when I bought it 8 months back (still under warranty), it still is on 5.0.1. The problem is that the 6.0 update has already been downloaded on my phone more than a month back. An icon on the notification bar keeps asking me to install & I keep postponing it. I do want my note edge to be on the latest software but not at the cost of ruining my phone with the 6.0 bugs(night clock issue, auto restarting, asking for password at any time, draining the battery & freezing the phone). These are the bugs reported by most note edge users on 6.0. Hence, my initial post.

wolvarine

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
What android version are you running now? 6 has some neat features, especially doze which really stretches your battery life out. Keep in mind you'll have to do a factory reset to get 6 working properly, otherwise it'll give you nothing but trouble. If you're on Lollipop (5.1) and happy I'd prolly stay. But if you're not happy 6 is very similair to 5.1, but adds some neat features.
I'm not big on upgrading if you're happy with what you have though.

My phone came with 5.0.1 when I bought it 8 months back (still under warranty), it still is on 5.0.1. The problem is that the 6.0 update has already been downloaded on my phone more than a month back. An icon on the notification bar keeps asking me to install & I keep postponing it. I do want my note edge to be on the latest software but not at the cost of ruining my phone with the 6.0 bugs(night clock issue, auto restarting, asking for password at any time, draining the battery & freezing the phone). These are the bugs reported by most note edge users on 6.0. Hence, my initial post.

Sleepwlkr45

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
6.0 marshmallow has been a more stable experience than lollipop was...my battery has been much better, thanks to doze and will last up to 7hours or longer depending on use. Before that it would drain in four hours regardless...if the night clock issue you're referring to is that it can only be set for 8hours or so at a time, that limitation still exists. I have the Sprint note edge and it is currently on 6.01. I had frequent lock ups on lollipop along with slowdowns and battery drops that have been greatly reduced on marshmallow(though not completely eliminated.

wolvarine

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
6.0 marshmallow has been a more stable experience than lollipop was...my battery has been much better, thanks to doze and will last up to 7hours or longer depending on use. Before that it would drain in four hours regardless...if the night clock issue you're referring to is that it can only be set for 8hours or so at a time, that limitation still exists. I have the Sprint note edge and it is currently on 6.01. I had frequent lock ups on lollipop along with slowdowns and battery drops that have been greatly reduced on marshmallow(though not completely eliminated.

No its not the limitation, the night clock does not switch on at the set time as it should in 6.0 unless you put it on 24hrs format. You haven't faced this issue? Or the phone asking you to enter password randomly?

Sleepwlkr45

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Actually, my job requires me to acclimate to the 24 hrs format, so I didn't know there was a problem there. Also I keep my phone attached to an Lg urbane watch with smart lock enabled . That way it only locks when I walk out of range or the Bluetooth drops out....

wolvarine

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Actually, my job requires me to acclimate to the 24 hrs format, so I didn't know there was a problem there. Also I keep my phone attached to an Lg urbane watch with smart lock enabled . That way it only locks when I walk out of range or the Bluetooth drops out....

Y don't u try once & keep ur phone in 12 hr format, then see if the night clock works.
Also the phone randomly asking for password mostly happens when you have fingerprint lock enabled, do you have that enabled? Do check the night clock too.

Sleepwlkr45

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Y don't u try once & keep ur phone in 12 hr format, then see if the night clock works.
Also the phone randomly asking for password mostly happens when you have fingerprint lock enabled, do you have that enabled? Do check the night clock too.

I will check on the night clock..... My phone will ask for my password mostly if I reboot it or if it reboots itself....I do use the fingerprint scanner but it defaults to password on a reboot...

Droid-O-Matic

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
6.0 has caused serious problems for my phone in a dozen different ways.

Lost Data, ...bluetooth not staying connected, fingerprint lock asking for password EVERY TIME i activate it, dropping calls, phone heating up, ...and many more.

...another horrible upgrade from Google.

wolvarine

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
6.0 has caused serious problems for my phone in a dozen different ways.

Lost Data, ...bluetooth not staying connected, fingerprint lock asking for password EVERY TIME i activate it, dropping calls, phone heating up, ...and many more.

...another horrible upgrade from Google.

What's the model no. of your note edge? (N915F/V)?

wolvarine

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I will check on the night clock..... My phone will ask for my password mostly if I reboot it or if it reboots itself....I do use the fingerprint scanner but it defaults to password on a reboot...

Did you check the night clock in the 12 hr format? How often does your phone reboot itself?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith