If You Move To The Note 7 Honestly it's a tall S7 with an Spen

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Honestly it's a tall S7 with an Spen. That's it. I'm still using my Edge right now but I'm left with no choice to but to go ahead and activate this "phone".

Be mindful. The N7 is nowhere near as wide as the Edge. This means typing up texts is extremely uncomfortable because the N7 is literally the width of an S7. I only use PIN security so fingerprints and eyeballs mean nothing to me.

If like me you have ALL your apps on the panel and nothing on the home screen, you better get your life in order because you can only have 10 apps on the "apps" panel vs 20 on the Edge x 5 panels. That's it, 10 apps and nothing else.

The settings menu is totally redesigned and takes some getting use to. If you NEED a phone with an Spen, this is the way to go. If you need a NOTE, stay with the Edge, 4 or 5. The days of the LARGE PHABLET are officially over...

Attachments

• 20160827_135733.jpg
    20160827_135733.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 31

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: If You Move To The Note 7...

Well I have the Note 5 and I always upgrade and there is always something good and better in my upgrade.

I'm waiting for my Note 7 to come now.

The Note 7 was very comfortable for me and the Note 5 is the most comfortable phone I've had and the Note 4 being the least comfortable.

I don't understand the statement:

"If you need a NOTE, stay with the Edge, 4 or 5"

What makes the Note line a Note, is the spen.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Well I have the Note 5 and I always upgrade and there is always something good and better in my upgrade.

I'm waiting for my Note 7 to come now.

The Note 7 was very comfortable for me and the Note 5 is the most comfortable phone I've had and the Note 4 being the least comfortable.

I don't understand the statement:

"If you need a NOTE, stay with the Edge, 4 or 5"

What makes the Note line a Note, is the spen.

That use to be the case that the Note line was defined by the Spen and they were much larger than normal phones. Now the Note is the size of a regular phone only a bit taller and the pen.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The spen is what makes it a Note. Of someone doesn't use the spen the Note might not be a good choice for them. This time though it isn't an S7 with an spen. There are many differences, the display being one.

The S6 Plus and the Note 5 were the same except the spen and if someone didn't use the spen, the S6 Plus was a good phone to get.

Sleepwlkr45

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I think the other phones got bigger rather than the note getting that much smaller... I like the new one for the most part, but I really miss being able to change and separately charge the battery, or replace them my self on my note edge, which I frequently did on Sprint.....ordered this one with AT&T ....that being said, a friend of mine acquired a note 3 and I felt a little nostalgic and jealous...another buddy still has the note edge and I feel the edges were more useful on it that on the 7...and I miss the ir scanner.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well the Note screen hasn't gotten smaller. It is 5.7". The Note 3 got the larger screen, the Note 2 had a 5.5" screen.

The size of the phone has changed, the bezels got smaller and kept the same screen size.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
The spen is what makes it a Note. Of someone doesn't use the spen the Note might not be a good choice for them. This time though it isn't an S7 with an spen. There are many differences, the display being one.

The S6 Plus and the Note 5 were the same except the spen and if someone didn't use the spen, the S6 Plus was a good phone to get.

When you get your N7 let me know how it feels. I'm holding my brothers S7 in one hand and my N7 in the other. The difference is minute...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
When you get your N7 let me know how it feels. I'm holding my brothers S7 in one hand and my N7 in the other. The difference is minute...

Well I have spent a lot of time with the S7, S7 Edge, Note 7 and Note 5 at the same time.

If a large screen is the priority for someone and they don't care about the spen, then the S7 would probably be worth saving the money.

Now for Note users that use the spen as a tool, not as a stylus.. Most are probably going to want to upgrade to the Note 7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2