Hancom Office not there?

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Despite the fact that I only recently bought the Note 10.1 2014, I couldn't resist the 12.2 when I saw it today, and gave my credit card a heart attack and bought one.

I thought it was supposed to come with Hancom Office, but all I've been able to find is Hancom Viewer, which looks like simply a viewer for office type docs, as you would guess from the name. There are plenty of free office apps around, so I'm not overly concerned, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't being an eejit and missing something that was right under my nose.

Lynn
xxx

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I hope that's an oversight. I ordered it specifically to be able to work on documents.

Posted via Android Central App

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I did look on the Samsung app store, and didn't find it. The page you linked to sent my browser crazy and kept reloading every few seconds. I was also wondering whether it might not be available in the UK. We do sometimes get different things bundled with hardware.

G star

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I checked samsung and hancom and they both indicated a date of the 14th because that is when the device officially launches

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Lynn, what is your initial opinion on the 12.2 versus the 10.1. I'm in the same boat, in that I just recently purchased the 10.1, but am considering selling it for the 12.2 just for the larger screen. Would like you opinions on smoothness, screen ppi, etc. Really just any initial impressions, since you have both.

Thanks in advance

PastorDroid

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the US and just bought Note Pro at Best Buy a few hours ago. When I swiped through the home screens and tapped on the box that said "get started" the office suite downloaded automatically. I will add some documents and powerpoint later to test it's usefulness

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've only had the 12.2 for a couple of days. I would say it performs similarly to the 10. Despite the fact it only has the same resolution as the 10, the screen still looks great... small text looks very sharp - miles better than the old version of the 10. You really do get a lot more screen to play with, so the split screen function is actually worth using. I never used it on the 10. I'm not really a power user. I use it for Facebook, email, buying things I don't need on Amazon and hoping that one of the drawing apps will actually give me some artistic talent, so I haven't pushed it to its limits. Interestingly, whereas my old 10.1 never crashed on me, I noticed that the 2014 version seems less stable. I've had it freeze completely on me several times. I'm hoping that the 12 won't be as flaky. Obviously, it's a big chunk of money to part with, but I'm not regretting it yet. I shall be hanging on to my 10 too, as I don't see any benefit in playing Candy Crush and Bejeweled Blitz on a bigger screen. :) So, it's pretty much like using the 10, and you stop noticing the size after a while until you compare the two side by side, or use split screen.

Sent from my SM-P900 using AC Forums mobile app

mhonard

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the US and just bought Note Pro at Best Buy a few hours ago. When I swiped through the home screens and tapped on the box that said "get started" the office suite downloaded automatically. I will add some documents and powerpoint later to test it's usefulness

I'm counting on the Hamcon android office suite as the windows version is great. Hopefully I will able to download to my Note 10.1 2014

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
There is a link on one of the home screens that says " Experience the smartest Hancom Office" but when I click on it, it just takes me to the Hancom Viewer.

Steven HAIDAR

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello Lynn,
I am facing the same problem here. I live in France and bought my Galaxy Note Pro almost a week ago. To be honest the Hancom Office suite has been a decisive point in my purchase. However I am bit disappointed as I still did not manage to find those apps which are supposed to come with the tablet.

Steven.

PastorDroid

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
So far the only thing that's a bit sad is that the new default format for PowerPoint 2013 isn't compatible with this suite. You have to save as ppt 97-2007 version which is crippling the macro elements from the new 13 version.

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I clicked on the Get Started link for the office suite again today and, instead of taking me to the viewer, it let me download the Hancom update manager, which then let me download the 3 Hancom office apps. So all is well. They must just have held back the apps until today.

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If those of you can tell us more about the Hancom full app that would be great.

What would you like to know? The most surprising thing to me is that it's a bunch of apps, not just one. There's a Viewer, Updater, Hcell, Hword, and Hshow. I haven't used them much yet, but if you've got specific questions I'll be happy to investigate.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
These seem to work well so far but I would really love to see a good solution here for Microsoft One Note. Yes I have One Note installed but I don't believe that it will currently allow for writing input from the application's menu. Maybe I can write by changing the keyboard to pen which is better than nothing. Any idea if Hancom maybe working on One Note?

Also, I thought I had read a while back that Microsoft was coming to IOS/Android?

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Also, I thought I had read a while back that Microsoft was coming to IOS/Android?

It has, after a fashion. If you have a MS Live account -- Office 365 or whatever the devil they're calling it -- there's an Android app for accessing your files. That's the only official app I know about, anyway.

hoosier_mac

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
These seem to work well so far but I would really love to see a good solution here for Microsoft One Note. Yes I have One Note installed but I don't believe that it will currently allow for writing input from the application's menu. Maybe I can write by changing the keyboard to pen which is better than nothing. Any idea if Hancom maybe working on One Note?

I agree. I think One Note is an excellent app but there doesn't appear to be any way to save and synchronize hand written notes. Then again, IMHO, there really isn't what I'd consider an outstanding Android note taking app that takes full advantage of the digital stylus, is robust and has a simple, easy to use interface.

cardman827

May 29, 2011
Visit site
What would you like to know? The most surprising thing to me is that it's a bunch of apps, not just one. There's a Viewer, Updater, Hcell, Hword, and Hshow. I haven't used them much yet, but if you've got specific questions I'll be happy to investigate.

Does the excel app run Macros? I am currently using a windows 8 tablet but would love to go back to Android If I could find any office suite that might run Macros.