Just got your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2? Post Here!

omegafiler

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine just arrived a day earlier than expected. Gotta love Amazon. My temporary Wawo case got here a day earlier, so it was also ready to go.

Initial impressions, I'm liking it. The size and weight were all as expected. It's certainly heavier than your average 10" tablet, but manageable for me. Although the case is something to factor in as I suspect we're pushing 2.5lb with them together. I'll have to get it on a scale later. The large screen is sweet. Speakers are loud. And it looks like they improved the bezel. Less plastic chrome and more brushed aluminum look. Definite improvement in quality there.

The UI has also been revamped and tweaked quite a bit. I've only been playing with it for about an hour or so. I'm going to let it finish updating and see how performance and usability works out as I work it into my daily routine. These things tend to be quite sluggish while they're installing a bunch of apps.

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I was determined I wasn't going to get one, as I only bought the 2014 10.1 a few months ago, but they had one on display in John Lewis and I succumbed to the salesman's smile. I'm pretty impressed so far. The screen is excellent - even tiny text is pin sharp, and it's much bigger than the 10.1. Logical, I know, but it's amazing how much difference a couple of inches make! It's not a lightweight, but I usually prop mine on my stomach while I'm sprawled on the settee, or in bed, so the weight isn't an issue. The first thing I did was get rid of all the horrible boxes on the home screen. I don't like the magazine style at all, and soon changed it back to a nice empty screen with a row of folders along the bottom. Yes, I like my Android traditional :)

So far, it's just like my 10.1 2014, which I love, only with more acreage to play around in. I'm hanging on to my 10.1 to play games on and watch Netflix in bed, as I don't think either of those really need the larger screen. But for my genealogy research, when using split screen is really useful, the 12.2 will be a great improvement. I might not even need to turn my laptop on, and it can join my sad little pile of discarded technology, which includes my Chromebook, Nexus 7 and my pre-2014 10.1

Sent from my SM-P900 using AC Forums mobile app

omegafiler

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
What case did u get

Posted via Android Central App

Amazon.com : WAWO Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Case - Smart Fold Cover for SM-P905/P900 12.2 Inches Touch Screen Tablet, (with Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep), black : Computers & Accessories

Just a cheap case until I find something better, such as the logitech keyboard case. Although this one is out of stock at the moment, and price went up.

I was determined I wasn't going to get one, as I only bought the 2014 10.1 a few months ago, but they had one on display in John Lewis and I succumbed to the salesman's smile. I'm pretty impressed so far. The screen is excellent - even tiny text is pin sharp, and it's much bigger than the 10.1. Logical, I know, but it's amazing how much difference a couple of inches make! It's not a lightweight, but I usually prop mine on my stomach while I'm sprawled on the settee, or in bed, so the weight isn't an issue. The first thing I did was get rid of all the horrible boxes on the home screen. I don't like the magazine style at all, and soon changed it back to a nice empty screen with a row of folders along the bottom. Yes, I like my Android traditional :)

So far, it's just like my 10.1 2014, which I love, only with more acreage to play around in. I'm hanging on to my 10.1 to play games on and watch Netflix in bed, as I don't think either of those really need the larger screen. But for my genealogy research, when using split screen is really useful, the 12.2 will be a great improvement. I might not even need to turn my laptop on, and it can join my sad little pile of discarded technology, which includes my Chromebook, Nexus 7 and my pre-2014 10.1

I'm actually liking the new UX with this tablet. And you can still swipe over to a normal desktop with icons/widgets, as per usual. Personally, the last thing I wanted was a bunch of icons all over the place like the countless other android tablets I've had in the past. :) It's also smoothed out quite a bit and haven't noticed any stutter within the launcher itself. Well, except when pulling down the menu bar. It randomly stutters if it hasn't been used recently.

I still need to try out more processor intensive apps to how it handles them. My only negative with UX right now is that there aren't many widgets for the Magazine UI itself. For example, if you want e-mail on it, you have to use Samsung's e-mail app. Can't use Gmail with it. Although I hope/suspect that will change soon. Hopefully to the point where I won't even need to use the normal home screen all that much.

Otherwise as you've noted, the weight hasn't been much of an issue. I think it's a fair trade off for the larger screen real-estate.

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, don't think they have them anywhere else.

Can you pay monthly or is it just one off payment?

One off payment only, as far as I know. I looked on Amazon first, because I have a ?50 gift voucher, but I decided I couldn't wait until they eventually got it in stock. I got my 2014 10.1 from John Lewis too, and the included 2 year warranty is definitely a plus.

hoosier_mac

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Got mine at Best Buy yesterday. I previously purchased the Note 10.1 2014. I thought it was superior to my iPad 5 but not enough to keep it, especially with the 12.2 intro looming. Glad I waited. To put this in perspective, I'm not an Android fan. Had HUGE problems with Android phones a couple of years ago and converted everyone in my company to iPhone. Have stayed away since. Bought a Note 3 phone prior to Christmas. Loved the phone but had to take it back to Verizon due to reception (missed/dropped calls) issues and get an iPhone 5S. I hate that small screen and abhor the lack of new design features from Apple, however, this is my business phone so it has to be a top notch phone first (which the Note 3 wasn't).

With that said, I think Samsung has hit a walk off grand slam with the 12.2. To be sure, initial reaction but that extra 2" makes all the difference in the world. It actually feels relatively light for the size and is well balanced. I just hope problems don't develop as I really love this device initially. This may very well be the first REAL business tablet that offers substantial productivity gains for the serious user. The Android interface takes a little getting used to but I can see I will enjoy it (overall) more than that of the iPad. Unlike the iPad, this is a real machine that you can do real work on, not just a ebook reader, email and web browsing device. I am rather shocked there is minimal activity in this forum as IMHO, this is the best Android device I've seen introduced to the market to date.

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Anybody knows how to connect this baby to a HDMI projector or TV.

This tablet is a beautiful master peace.

Amazon has a mhl/hdmi adapter. Worked on my 2014, but I haven't bothered with it on the 12.2.....like a TV itself! I also use the Samsung all cast wifi dongle. Works good, like a chrome cast but specific to Samsung.

SassyLee

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Brought the Pro 8.4 on Saturday and took it back today and got the Note Pro there was nothing wrong with the 8.4 just wanted something bigger. ��

ackdrayton

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting for the 64GB due to arrive in the USA early March... the wait is killing me :) I am a definitely a power user (for my business) so I need both the onboard 64GB and the 64GB micro SD card... tic toc tic toc ...

lobobuzz

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Picked one up over the past weekend at Best Buy. Have not yet put it down. Replaces my Xoom. Far surpasses my expectation and exactly what I was wanting.

Nursedad

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey you lucky galaxy note pro users! Do you agree or disagree with this websites pros and cons. Just want to make sure I know what I want :), thanks!!

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro (32GB, Wi-Fi, black) - CNET Mobile

Err...disagree. I've seen no difference in the writing between the 10.1 and this. Both are superb in that regard. I've experienced little to no lag with this tablet, which is more than I can say for the 10.1 variant. The bundled Hancom Office is surprisingly powerful as well.

Have to wonder how serious we can take a review when the reviewer is showing off the tablet by taking a picture of it in a tree???

hoosier_mac

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
It is reasonably accurate although I can't collaborate the lag with multi windows as I haven't used it much in that mode. As far as I can tell, the couple of primary cons for this device is the lack of "true" apps to take advantage of the digital stylus and the Samsung bloat ware you don't have the option to get rid of. Why would anybody try to compare this to a workstation, that is ludicrous. It's a tablet pc, pure and simple. However, it is IMHO, the best tablet pc on the market right now and if you had to, you could get a substantial amount of real work done on it. However, I'm not going to throw away my powerful desktop with (2) 27" monitors anytime soon.

After having mine for a week, I remain impressed with the capabilities and performance of this machine. In general, battery life is a pleasant surprise given the size and beauty of the screen. I've notice little to no lag in utilizing it. I'm very pleasantly surprised at how balanced the weight distribution and how little the weight has affected handling the device. I'm not an Apple fan in the least aside from the fact their devices just seem to work very reliably. I've had lots of problems with Android in the past that left very bad feelings. IMHO, comparing the iPad to this device makes no sense whatsoever. It's like comparing this device to a work station. The iPad is a freaking toy compared to this device.

omegafiler

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
As usual, they mix in a few facts along with a clear bias and/or lack of understanding of what this device is intended for.

The last paragraph is all I need to disregard most of the review. Move along, nothing to see here. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2