Black or white?

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Deciding to decide which to go for.. Which you got? which colour you think looks best?

Currently got black note 3 and white Note 8.0

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Black here. I know its not the same colour, white always puts me in mind of the old beige computers.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
All 3 of my Notes are white. Even though I didn't want anyone thinking I had an iPad, I decided I preferred the look of the white. They're easier to spot in a gloomy room too :)

Sent from my SM-P900 using AC Forums mobile app

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I went for the black, although I did consider the white. But the black will hide the inevitable scuffs better.

Posted via Android Central App

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
The thing with the white is (and correct me if I'm wrong) the tablet has a thin black perimeter around the screen that is more pronounced and visible due to the white casing. This can be annoying. Normally with a black tablet since the casing is the same color as the screen perimeter it goes unnoticed.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I went with the black model. I asked for the white model at BestBuy, but all they had was the black. I'm glad I have it now because it looks so professional and stylish.

Posted via Android Central App

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered the 32g in black from Amazon. Be here tomorrow. Never had a white anything and this is my #5 tablet. Almost ordered white and then changed it to black. No reason really.

NotePROmomo

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
BROSKO, thanks a lot (sarcastically)! In 4 day's use I never noticed that black edging- now it looks HUGE to me, against the white (matching my S3 phone). So, no, you are not wrong. And after SassyLee's remark, now I'm wondering if I'll notice the white bezel when I watch a movie...

Last edited:

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
BROSKO, thanks a lot (sarcastically)! In 4 day's use I never noticed that black edging- now it looks HUGE to me, against the white (matching my S3 phone). So, no, you are not wrong. And after SassyLee's remark, now I'm wondering if I'll notice the white bezel when I watch a movie...

And I don't even have a white device, I read that online somewhere.

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why black should blend into a movie better than white. Unless you're watching 'Scenes from inside a cardboard box'! My 12.2 is white and I watch Netflix a lot. Once you're engrossed in what you're watching, you aren't going to notice the bezel, be it black or white. Watch it in a gloomy room, and the white looks a dark grey anyway. Whatever colour you have, you're going to love it.

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Unless you're watching 'Scenes from inside a cardboard box'!

Hey, what's wrong with that movie? That's my only screen credit! ;-)

That said, I don't think there's any real difference with the bezels. There's more of an issue with the gloss reflecting my mug back at me on the black than I'd expect to get on the white.

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
See post #7 for the most annoying thing about a white tablet.

Yes, there is a narrow black perimeter but, as with the white bezel, you stop noticing it once you're actually using the tablet. How often do you look right at the edges of the screen when you're using a tablet? If you're giving the Note a critical in depth examination you might think that the bezel colour or the black screen edge would be an annoyance, but in use you (or at least, I) don't notice either. I don't regret getting the white, but equally I'd be perfectly happy with the black. As long as it doesn't have an Apple logo on it, I'll love it 😇