Replacement Stylus & General Tips

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This is my first Samsung tablet, but it sounds as though plenty of you here in this forum are familiar with the Note and the Tab devices. I have a couple of questions that the AC hive-mind may be able to answer.

First: I'd like to get a stylus better suited to my huge mitts than the tiny thing included. Anyone have a specific recommendation, or even just a brand to try?

Second: I am hoping to use this as a third screen while I'm working, pulling in trends and feeds from various sources, and taking advantage of the Magazine UX 4-panel screen. can anyone suggest a technique or an app to pull this off?

Thanks in advance!

Kyle535

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
For your first part, I don't recommend the hex3 jaja stylus at all but they did come out with a nota which looks more promising but I would definitely try it out at like beat buy before hand because hex3 isn't that great of a company. Not terrible just not up to par.

For your second part, I'm not really sure what you mean or if I could assist you in that matter. Good luck ;)

Posted via Android Central App

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, that's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I just ordered it.

I forgot to mention the good stuff guys. 1) the button on the barrel works just like on the sPen so when you click it close to the screen the air pen controls pop up, even with the sPen in the chamber. 2) the rounded ball/cap does work as an eraser

Kyle535

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I forgot to mention the good stuff guys. 1) the button on the barrel works just like on the sPen so when you click it close to the screen the air pen controls pop up, even with the sPen in the chamber. 2) the rounded ball/cap does work as an eraser

+10000000000 that is amazing!!! Does it have better/worse sensitivity and precision or is it pretty much the same as the spen?

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
+10000000000 that is amazing!!! Does it have better/worse sensitivity and precision or is it pretty much the same as the spen?

I'm not an artist but I tried the sketchbook app and can tell no difference between the 2. Same goes in using sNote.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!! I'll definitely have to buy one!

You guys be sure and post back how you like this stylus when you get it. Like I say I've used mine for over a year now and never changed the tip. In fact I don't think it came with replacement tip but I could be mistaken.

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
You guys be sure and post back how you like this stylus when you get it. Like I say I've used mine for over a year now and never changed the tip. In fact I don't think it came with replacement tip but I could be mistaken.

I just got mine tonight. I haven't played with it too much yet, but I can confirm that it comes with five extra tips and that creepy metal loop for pulling them out.

Oh, and there's a setting you need to change if you want the Air Control to still appear, even if the built-in stylus is in the silo.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine tonight. I haven't played with it too much yet, but I can confirm that it comes with five extra tips and that creepy metal loop for pulling them out.

Oh, and there's a setting you need to change if you want the Air Control to still appear, even if the built-in stylus is in the silo.

What setting, I don't remember changing a setting? I could be mistaken but I sure don't remember changing anything.

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
What setting, I don't remember changing a setting? I could be mistaken but I sure don't remember changing anything.

It's under Settings > Controls > S Pen > Turn off pen detection. You need to uncheck that or else the built-in pen's presence will disable the input detection.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
It's under Settings > Controls > S Pen > Turn off pen detection. You need to uncheck that or else the built-in pen's presence will disable the input detection.

Yep one of those things I did and forgot that I did. It hurts getting old sometimes.

Adoga

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I know its a bit late but for others that want a replacement, the ones out there are pretty expensive and are not meant to work well with GNP. I tried bamboo and one other, I had to return them because of precision.

If you want something badly you might have to do it yourself. Here is what I came up with and it only cost me under 20$ and I didn't have to worry about precision - the cost of an extra original S-Pen and a STABILO pen for labelling CDs. It feels great writing and drawing and looks cute too.

I personally don't need the stupid buttons so I configured and use the "Button Savior" app to display the S-Pen window whenever I need it. Take a look!

20141127_230005_resized.jpg

Adoga

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
And, of course, for a mere $500 you can have a genuine Mont Blanc stylus for your Samsung device :mad:

Actually, I have spent up to about 250$ trying to find a better pen for my iPad and nothing worked well because it wasn't made for that. You don't want to know what I went through before deciding to go for GNP.

For me, the pen that came with my GNP is just too thin to write over a longer period, you can guess it's the reason I had to search for a full sized pen. I had ones that ranged from 40$ to 70 $ but it turned out they all had precision problem and moreover, their quality wasn't worth the money, so I had to ask for refund.

In would rather get myself a spare GNP than to spend it for a stylus pen. Maybe I haven't found any reason for that yet.

I am very satisfied with what I came up with and no other pen, not even the Mont Blanc can add more usefulness and comfortability to it. Its just right for my hands and just ordinary, that's what I like about it. Now I'm getting the best out of my GNP.

Last edited:

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty late on this but I have this stylus and it works great on my Note 10.1. https://store.wacom.com/us/en/product/CS300UK/
I haven't tried it on a Note Pro12.2 yet as I've just ordered mine. :)

Sorry I guess I should elaborate a bit. it is about the same size as a ball point pen. Any of the Wacom Stylii for Wacon penabled devices will work well and they have a huge assortment now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC