Samsung Note Pro 12.2: Screen flickering problems

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Just an FYI to all I returned my note 12.2 pro to best buy and exchange it for a new one due to screen flickering problems I had while watching movies or just reading in general on the web. I had only had it for no longer than three weeks and was experiencing screen flickering. Other than that another great product from samsung. Best buy exchange it with no questions asked. For the same one I had. Hope this helps for people with the same problem.

Posted via Android Central App

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I just had this exact same issue this weekend. I started YouTube, and the entire screen was flickering very bad, not just the window of the video, but the entire screen. I then closed YouTube, and opened up Break, played a video on there and had the same issue. I restarted the tablet, and the problem hasn't returned, but now wondering if I should return it since I'm still within my window to do so.

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest you return it and exchange it for a new one since you r within your warranty period. U would be foolish not to. I did mine with no questions asked.

akuma13

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Pro I bought on amazon.com. I exchanged it for another one and it started again this week. What could be causing this?

jedtron

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I also had the problem with screen flickering. I did restart it and it has not re appeared yet. Hopefully it's a one time occurrence and doesn't come back

Posted via Android Central App

limuobai

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem when I watch the video on NYTimes that comes with note pro. Restart will fix it temperorily but it will come back after some time. I suspect it's because I have too many chrome tabs opened which drained the memory. I believe it's a software bug not a hardware issue. For those of you who fixed it by reset or replace a new one, please let us know if the problem reoccurs.

RussBad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
NY Times App got upgraded to 3.8.2 from 3.8.0 but the problem is still there.

It's not an app update problem. I had this issue for awhile, then updated to the latest firmware with stability updates (4.4.2 Build P900UEU1ANC5) and the flickering has not reappeared.

limuobai

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Samsung tech support suggested factory reset and re download everything but still not working. We should let NY Times put some pressure on samsung. In the meantime, I'll just restart when the problem happens.

bwasp

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
If you do a factory reset, is there a quicker way to reload everything back on with out going to the Play Store and re-downloading. I have been having issues with Netflix Streaming and YouTube, both having flickering screens.

Also, i have seen several of you mention a "restart". Is that a Hot reboot that i am unaware of or just hitting the power button to turn off the unit and then turning it back on?

limuobai

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If you do a factory reset, is there a quicker way to reload everything back on with out going to the Play Store and re-downloading. I have been having issues with Netflix Streaming and YouTube, both having flickering screens.

Yes, create a Sumsung account which will 'record' all your apps. After factory reset, Samsung account will sync all your apps back in the note pro.

Also, i have seen several of you mention a "restart". Is that a Hot reboot that i am unaware of or just hitting the power button to turn off the unit and then turning it back on?

When you hold down the power button, there will be a pop up screen. Pick 'Restart', that will fix the problem for a couple of days.

wintertrader

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I just had this exact same issue this weekend. I started YouTube, and the entire screen was flickering very bad, not just the window of the video, but the entire screen. I then closed YouTube, and opened up Break, played a video on there and had the same issue. I restarted the tablet, and the problem hasn't returned, but now wondering if I should return it since I'm still within my window to do so.

Hi PurpleClad, did you exchange your tablet finally ? I called Samsung for the same issue I experienced while watching Netflix and You tube and they suggested a hard reset but the flickering is still there at boot time. The flickering while netflixing and youtubing might return.

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
To fix flickering in video:

Enable developer options in settings (go to about device and tap Build Number 7+ times).

In developer options, under hardware-accelerated rendering, check "turn off hardware overlays". You can also check "force GPU rendering", but I've found the former is all that's necessary.

wintertrader

May 13, 2014
Visit site
To fix flickering in video:

Enable developer options in settings (go to about device and tap Build Number 7+ times).

In developer options, under hardware-accelerated rendering, check "turn off hardware overlays". You can also check "force GPU rendering", but I've found the former is all that's necessary.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate.

Dustin Friend

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I've sent my pro 12.2 back to samsung, had the screen replaced the first time, the motherboard the next, all to no avail. However, the resolution posted by "uhisthisonetaken" worked. So awesome sir, thank you!