Samsung Note Pro 12.2: Screen flickering problems

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
EB-BT330FBE

Currently I have the original battery EB-BT330FBU in it and it is working fine (with the newspaper wad pressing into the battery connector)

I'm also looking to buy a new battery. You bought a battery that failed, did you get it from Amazon? I want to make sure to avoid it. Tnx

blackmirror

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
I'm also looking to buy a new battery. You bought a battery that failed, did you get it from Amazon? I want to make sure to avoid it. Tnx

The battery didn't fail, the connector from the battery to the board sucks. But yes I got it on Amazon for about 16 bucks

If anyone would be willing to give a noob some tips on soldering, I will give this a try. I'm willing to take the risk. Thanks

eyra akaba

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Try developer option check force GPU rendering, i put mine in power saving mode as well and updated my apps. Seemed to work fine. Power at 35% no flickering. I also stopped using samsung note pro charger using generic single pin charger to charge tablet. Found out charger also a problem on another platform.
Try all these and see if it works for you.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
The battery didn't fail, the connector from the battery to the board sucks. But yes I got it on Amazon for about 16 bucks

If anyone would be willing to give a noob some tips on soldering, I will give this a try. I'm willing to take the risk. Thanks
You can do a search on YouTube and find videos on doing the soldering.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: I ordered a new battery from Amazon. Which arrived today and I swapped it using the tools that were provided and following a YouTube video instructions. Well, the battery worked well on first try. And I used the tablet and let it go all the way down to 5% or so with no issues.
It's charging now.

But I've ran into two problems which I think are related and I couldn't correct. After the battery was reconnected, Home button and Sim card slot don't work. I looked this up and some posts suggested making sure all contacts are secure and so on and I have done that. I even opened up the back of the tablet a second time just to make sure of this.

But although everything else seems to working ok Home and Sim don't work. Now I don't use a sim on this tablet, I just use it on WiFi, so it's not a biggie and ultimately there are ways around the home button, but would be good to correct this.

Any ideas?

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Look at the bottom of your tablet, a small cable comes out near the HOME button, make sure it's connected to the orange cable. Then this orange cable's connected to the SD and SIM slot at the left bottom corner.
In turn, this SD and SIM slot are connected to USB charging flex. They're in series.
Your SIM slot is not working, then the problem starts from this connection which makes the HOME button not working either. Make sure your USB flex is fully inserted, otherwise the whole serial connections will not working.

Galaxy Note Pro.jpg

Most inexperienced users tend to disconnect everything unnecessarily. In order to change the battery, only the portion of LCD and USB flex are disconnected from mainboard, then an old and new battery can be taken out and in.
I don't know what you did to make the whole serial connections not working.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I didn't randomly swap the battery, I followed instructions on YouTube.

However:
1) The USB/LCD flex are the two large ribbon connectors over the battery. Those are securely connected, I tried it a few times. Is there a special trick to it? I tried 4 or 5 times and made sure they are securely in and the latch is closed.

2) The L shaped orange/gold strip at the bottom left of your image. I have made sure all points are connected (there are a few). The black cable that connects to the tip of it closest to the center bottom is firmly connected.

3) What do you think in specific, causing my Home button issue?

4) I have the back open again now and all contacts are secure. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited:

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE:
I opened the back and rechecked all the connections. I even removed the new battery and reinstalled the old battery. no matter what the Home button and SIM port didn't work. So I put the new battery back and recheck the connections once more and closed the back. my tablet is over 3 years old and I am going to live with the limitation of no Home key, and don't use the Sim on this device anyway.
:)

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
muzzy, It's possible that something got damaged. I am thinking of resetting the tablet to see if that does anything. But it runs so good. 3 years and two months old and it runs like new... except for the issues I caused while swapping the battery.

beut, the problem is not the sim card is the sim card port.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
It's a chain of serial connections, you should start at the starting point of failing.

Otherwise, you have no clue where problem comes from. I had the same problem before, a failing SIM slot causing the HOME button not working.
It's up to you, I just try to point you in a right direction. Sooner or later, you'll see.

Anyway, Reset has nothing to do with bad connections.

Last edited:

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
beut, I have looked at every connection at least 20 times. checked and rechecked. where was your problem from?

Check for each connector, you need a magnified glass, they are plugged connectors, press down the wrong way will bend pins of the male connector. I see very often of this damage by inexperienced users.

Trust me, try the SD and SIM slot first as problem starts from there.
I bought a Note Pro with not working HOME button. With all spared cables available, it took me only 5 minutes to find out where the problem came from.
If everything worked before, it probably you damage one connector when re-assembling cables.

This puzzle nobody can help you except yourself by doing one by one until problem found.

I bought 7 defective Note Pros with ease, so I'm very confident with my judgement of Samsung tablet problems.

7  Note Pro.JPG

Last edited:

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Beut, I took the back off and looked at all connection with a magnifying glass, nothing was wrong.

So, I ordered Sim car holder thanks.

I need a second OEM charger for the Note Pro. Any other charger I use, even with 3.0 cable doesn't charger well. I am on eBay looking for it, there are some, but clearly not OEM.

Anyone has a direct link to an OEM Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 USB 3 charger? TIA

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
You need this tool to verify the working condition of charger and cable

USB Power Charger Current Voltage Detector Tester Monitor Meter for Phone Tablet | eBay

The good reading should be 5.3 Volts if you're using 5.3 V charger, current should be 1.7 Amps. Micro USB cable can be used as no difference with USB 3 cable ( faster data, charging is the same ).

Alternate cable and charger but you still have the same low reading, battery connector should be resoldered as it's the major problem of all Samsung tablets

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Based on your description, I know it starts from here or your USB charging flex, but the SIM, SD flex is more likely the source. If the L shape cable is damaged, your SIM must be working as it is at the beginning of serial connections.

It's only $4 then you should try
Sim Card Holder + Memory Card Holder for Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 P905

This item arrived and I installed it. But still getting the same issue, no SIM card warning and the Home button not working. Looked at the pins under magnifying glass it all looks good.

Not sure what else can be done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22