Samsung Note Pro 12.2: Screen flickering problems

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Then you have to try another USB Flex charging port. The key is you have to start at the beginning of this serial connection where the SIM is not recognized.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Couple of updates:

I reset the tablet for the first time ever. It didn't need it, as it runs like new. But wanted to get that option out of the way and the Home button issue was not resolved.

Power / Charging
For anyone looking for a replacement charger for the Note Pro 12.2 make sure to get a 5.3 Volt 2.0 Amp charger and a USB 3.0 cable. I have a bunch of Samsung chargers and cables but none of them could charge the Note Pro fast enough, even 5V 2Amps, to avoid the "slow charging" warning. The only one that worked good was the original charger which I still have and use. But I finally got a secondary charger from eBay after much research that is working great.

Again if the charger just reads 5.0 V and 2.0 Amp will not be sufficient for fast charging. So hopefully this of use to some of you. 5.3 V and 2.0 Amp is also the output on the original charger.

:)

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
5.3 or 5.0 Volts charger doesn't make difference as they have the same output max of 2 Amps.
Try the 5 Volt and 5.3 Volts you will see the charging current is only around 1.7 Amps.
The 5 Volts has charging current under 1.7 Amp, it must be a defective one.
Be careful with USB cable, they may look identical but the drawing current is different.
I bought many of them ( sold from China ) and see they can only draw 1.1 to 1.4 Amps, especially the one for Note Phone, it has only 1 Amp max, the cable is usually smaller in diameter.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, I appreciate the arguments but none can match the real life results.

(1) I own bunch of Samsung stuff (since I hate Apple) so have plenty of chargers lying around.
(2) I have two that read 5.0 volt at 2Amp they couldn't keep up with charging the Note Pro 12.2 in the kitchen counter which is where it is when it's not by the bed side.
(3) At the bed side is the original charger that reads 5.3 V and 2 Amp and obviously does a great job of charging.
(4) When searching for a new charger I passed on all the 5v 2ampers and found one that read just like the original 5.3 and 2amp and came with a USB3.0.
(5) This charger is as good and as fast as the original charger (feels a bit faster too).
(6) Any other charger I tried on the Note Pro was too slow and I was getting the slow charge warning.
(7) I think I may have found the actual Note Pro 12.2 charger replacement. :)

eBay Link:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-..._trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=471411869100

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
One thing I can tell: you can use a quality micro USB and it still charge the same rate as USB 3 cable.
USB 3 cable only is faster in data rate; charging is the same as micro USB.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
all that was tried Beut. All variations of chargers that I have and cables. Nothing worked except for the original charger and the USB 3 cable. In some cases the tablet preferred USB 3 with my other Samsung chargers but still couldn't maintain charge while the tablet was being used.

This one that I got from eBay is seemingly even faster than the original charger. Meaning not only can charger the tablet while it's being heavily used but seems to charge it faster when not in use.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I am having now more than 15 Samsung tablets, from my own experiences, as long as your USB port or tablet is in working condition, it doesn't matter which cable or charger I use. I use whatever available to use: micro USB, USB 3 cable, 5V or 5.3V charger, they're working the same. I have different models, not only the Note Pro which I have 5 to 6 of them, micro USB works fine with either 5V or 5.3V, as it has the max current of 2 Amps.
Many people doesn't understand the difference, use the one for phone which only has max of 1 Amp.
As long as you're using the right and working cable or charger, it's the same current draw: 1.5 to 1.7 Amps.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
we are talking apples and oranges in this particular case.

(1) almost any charger will charge the phones or tablets, no one questions that. I was charging my Note Pro tablet by the kitchen using various Samsung chargers. I even have a 1 amp one.
(2) if you are not in a hurry or not using the tablet extensively any charger will do the work. As they will eventually charge the tablet.
(3) however, of all the chargers that I have only the Note Pro original charger can charge the tablet fast and also keep charging it and increasing the charge capacity while the tablet is being used extensively.
(4) That was until I received the new charger from eBay. This thing works seemingly even better than the original Note Pro charger.
(5) Any other comment re this matter is unrelated, since it misses my very exact point of argument.
(6) I am done talking about this new charger and I am sure everyone else is tired of reading about it.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
For those who are following this thread. I found a great Home Button app to replace my broken physical Home Button. It's called Multi-Action Home Button app on Play. It's places a virtual button at the bottom center of your device and has ways to adjust it and also make it invisible. So basically I have the Home function back. :)

Last edited:

eyra akaba

May 2, 2017
Visit site
you did an excellent job that most others can't. I'm glad that you solved the headache causing by this tablet.
it sure has to do with the battery connector. I didn't want to do the soldering thing, didn't want to make a mistake so i opened the back and placed a piece of cut old matteress foam folded it and applied a strong adhesive tape to secure it over the connector and then replaced the back cover. I haven't had a single flicker since then. Been using it for nearly a month now. I can use it from 100% to 5% before charging, watch videos and really enjoy the tablet in a long time. Until the fix i tried almost everything in this forum without success. Device is 25 months old started having problem since it was 10 months old. Dealer couldn't fix it when i sent it there. They only flashed it and said everything was normal. Had been very frustrating buying a good and very useful device but with this issue. I think samsung should do better.
I hope it works for any one who is having this frustrating issue.

Borotos Oenphatoris

Nov 30, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I have this issues also since own a note Pro 12.2, my temporarily solving method is to curve the head of my charging connector, so it can connect and charge temporarily, Since its "THEIR" issue, not ours; Does any know they offer free fixing at Best buy or anywhere else? so this probelm can be resolved completely?

Thanks

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
In my case screen flickers at the boot and when I touch it.
Then in few seconds it reboots.
Issue happens when battery drops at 50 %.
Anyone had that kind of case,and was able to resolve?