Samsung Note Pro 12.2 ZAGG Ultralight Keyboard & Cover

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I am using the ultra thin and basically weightless Zagg keyboard and cover on my Note Pro 12.2 4G-LTE and really liking it.

The back of Zagg looks OE or stock and is similar to Samsung's with the "stitching" and all.

Be happy to answer any questions, but specially wanted to start a thread on this really cool Bluetooth keyboard.

Best Buy

5Jllpju.jpg

zagg-keys-pro-folio-galaxy-note-pro-display-n12pkb-bb0-iset.jpg

Last edited:

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Note Pro 12.2 ZAGG Ultra Light Keyboard & Cover

Do you have a screen protector on your tablet and if so is the edge of the tray effecting it any; as in peeling it away from the tablet?

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I have a non-Zagg screen protector from VZW with no issues.

Last edited:

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Saw that on a Best Buy demo unit and could just imagine the potential carnage if the tablet was ever hit by enough force to overstress the bezel. It amazes me that the case does not have some kind of flip up support in back of the tablet. Instead it's fully supported by the lip within that narrow track that's essentially applying torque on the bottom metal frame of the tablet. I can't imagine that Samsung intended for the frame to be used for that purpose since it's cross section does not appear to change on the bottom of the tablet.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

naaa, you are just being paranoid, sorry. "enough force" as a Tsunami or a 9 point earthquake?

you are talking about one of the thinnest and lightest tablets resting beautifully on an ultralight and elegant keyboard that also acts as a screen cover.

If someone however, has a pet monkey named "Hey Man" who likes to throw whiskey bottles at people I suggest not to have this tablet out in the house at all (movie reference). :)

It's not for everyone, the same way that the heavy and bulky Logitech folio is not for me.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I hear ya. Totally agree it's not for everyone.

I'm paranoid for sure. I'm sure it'd work for me as long as I was careful not to leave the tablet propped up in it around kids or unattended.

Out of curiosity can you measure the total tablet thickness with the keyboard/case closed? If it's not too thick perhaps I'll pick one up just to have when I feel the urge to type on it.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

I agree having kids around the house is a game changer. :)
As for thickness I am traveling with no tape measure onboard. Anyone else can do this?

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

I went back to Best Buy and purchased the Zagg keyboard case for a second time. So now I have 2 keyboard cases between the Zagg and the Logitech. I'm not sure which I like the best so I'll use both for a while and take a $30 hit by selling one on ebay!

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

That's cool. You should do a review / compare of both keyboards. They are very different from each other, yet in some ways similar, so people would be interested.

Last edited:

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Cool, keep us posted. You know how it is...this tech thing is a disease. Lol!

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Cool, keep us posted. You know how it is...this tech thing is a disease. Lol!

So far so good. I'm loving the smaller footprint and the lighter weight is a real plus as well. It is kind of tricky to open up but that is good in a way cause I don't have to worry about the keyboard/cover just slipping off! I don't do super amounts of typing so the keys are working fine for me but there is no doubt that the Logitech has better keys. But again each of these fine keyboards have their unique purpose and target group.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

hi, I am sure you know that you open it from the top center.

So, the Zagg can be used as a
1) Keyboard.
2)Tablet stand
3) Screen cover
4) Also tablet back protector when using the tablet by itself. If you don't want to leave your tablet directly on a dirty surface you can place it inside the Zagg with the tablet facing up.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Yes top center but the left and right edges then have to be pulled a little on my unit. Either that or I just need to pull a little harder in the middle and not worry so much about harming the edges.

Good to know about inserting the tablet backside first into the case. But mine doesn't stay too well in that position as it keeps popping up on one of the sides. Am I not getting it in all the way?

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Yea, not all the way, regarding using it as a tablet back cover, just place the tablet back first onto the keyboard, no need to shove it in, it will work ok and will also tilt the tablet a bit toward you.

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I picked up mine today at lunch. Totally worth the money and I am very satisfied with the feel of the board. If anything I am note sure of is how to get the replicant of the button on the left of the physical button's on the gnp screen to the zapp keyboard?

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Been using it since its release and it's been working really good. I like the dedicated keys too, such as cut/copy/paste and vol up and down, also you can wake the tablet from sleep by tapping on the keys, I typially use the spacebar.

Fafaflunkie

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I am using the ultra thin and basically weightless Zagg keyboard and cover on my Note Pro 12.2 4G-LTE and really liking it.

The back of Zagg looks OE or stock and is similar to Samsung's with the "stitching" and all.

I walked into Worst Buy last night itching to get my hands on a new tablet to replace my slow and sluggish Asus Transformer TF700T. Long story about that tablet, but anyway, my eyes gleaned at this expensive Note Pro 12.2 and I knew I had to have it. But I needed a physical keyboard as well -- note what this tablet's replacing. Was pointed to this Zagg keyboard cover. Thought "Well, I'm spending close to $800 on this thing, what's another $100?" While I'm impressed with the keyboard in general (nice keyboard feel, big keys) I really hate where they place that calendar shortcut button so close to the backspace key. I already hit that button twice just typing this reply, having to scramble to jump back to Chrome without losing this message. Otherwise, no complaints so far. Try me again in a week when I really put this tablet and this keyboard to its paces.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I went ahead and put the Zagg on ebay and am very happy with the Logitech. It just works better for me. Both keyboard cases are very good but they both appeal to different people in my opinion. The Zagg to people seeking a minimalist footprint, non-traditional case/keyboard and the Logitech for people who don't mind a little thicker, more traditional case/keyboard combo.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and put the Zagg on ebay and am very happy with the Logitech. It just works better for me. Both keyboard cases are very good but they both appeal to different people in my opinion. The Zagg to people seeking a minimalist footprint, non-traditional case/keyboard and the Logitech for people who don't mind a little thicker, more traditional case/keyboard combo.

Yes! I love the Zagg, it's really ideal for me. I have been using the heck out of the 12.2 tablet as I am still traveling with no excess to my desktop.

GENERAL COMMENT & NOT A REPLY TO ABOVE POSTER:
IMO, why buy a hot tablet like this and weigh it down with folios and so on. If you want a laptop there are plenty of options. Don't buy a tablet and take away its magical portability. I know people coming from laptops are gravitating to the Logitech and I have quite a few of their items as I like the brand, but I think the ZAGG is ideal companion for our 12.2 as it allows the tablet to remain a tablet while giving it a very good keyboard. By the way, all my comments on this board on the 12.2 have been written with it/or the Zagg.

This is one stellar tablet, regardless which keyboard you use with it.

Cheers,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair