My first problem - frozen OS

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I was using my NP12.2 earlier and put it down for a little while. Then I went to use it again but nothing would work. Couldn't swipte in any direction, neither the hard or soft buttons on the front worked. The volume buttons worked, the power button brought up the device options but would not respond to my touch.

Didn't know how to do are hard restart so I called Samsung and they were able to help me. Hold the power button for 15-20 seconds and it shut off and I was able to restart it. When I asked what might cause this they said sometimes Android acts up. I guess they bad to blame someone.

It is nice however to be able to call Samsung and get help. I always say there's more to buying a device then just the hardware.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Mobile Nations mobile app

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The usual cause for this is a misbehaving app. Have you installed any new apps in the last couple of days?

Sent from my SM-P905V using AC Forums mobile app

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Just like any toy I get I try lots of different apps. I wind up deleting many of them and I'm not sure how Android handles uninstalled apps. Is there anything left behind? Now that I have the apps I'm planning on using I might do a master reset this weekend.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Mobile Nations mobile app

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
No once the app is gone, it is gone. It is not lie windows. Yes some apps have better code than others. That is why sometimes an app gets updated every couple of days too, where they find lots of bugs.

Sent from my SM-P905V using AC Forums mobile app

dzuidzui

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I had same problems. I had no other choices than letting the tablet draining out of battery, charged it and powered on. Now this solution is really helped. The only problem that I have left is the flickering. I tried all but it happens quite often even new software updated. Hope someone can help me to solve this problem.
Great. Thanks.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I had same problems. I had no other choices than letting the tablet draining out of battery, charged it and powered on. Now this solution is really helped. The only problem that I have left is the flickering. I tried all but it happens quite often even new software updated. Hope someone can help me to solve this problem.
Great. Thanks.
You should read the thread:" flickering ", no software updates can fix hardware problem which is cracked battery connector.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc