Note Pro 12.2: Tempered Glass screen protector

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
They come with instructions but basically you line it up pull back the protective sleeve and it adheres to the surface. Then after you have removed any bubbles and are satisfied with it you pull back the top protective sleeve and you are done. No water, etc is used. Fairly easy and fast to put on. They have a very smooth feel and you really don't notice that they are even there.

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes dust gets under it during the installation process and have read about a YouTube video that is applied in a steamy bathroom to remove the dust. Also if you do not get it done just right the first time, you can peel it off once or twice and try again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
They have just shipped, no one has received them yet, Am going to guess that they will work like any other tempered glass protector and that is great! Anyway that is my story and I am sticking with it!

Glenn Hughes

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
So today I received my tempered glass by MIME. Funny thing is, it did not come in it's usual MIME black square box. It just came in bubble wrap.

Anyways, I installed it today and would suggest everyone to purchase this item for there GP12.2. I tried it with the Spen several times and zeo lag!! :)

It is like it's own screen in that you do not even notice you have a screen protector on you device. It is that clear!!

One word of advice, take your time applying it and make sure there is no dust on your screen before you apply this.

I used the steam method of first cleaning my screen with a cloth and than steaming the bathroom for dust before appling this. I also wore rubber gloves because I noticed after cleaning my screen and touching the tempered glass it was leaving finger prints.

After all said and done my screen looks beautiful and time (10-15 min apply this slowly) and money ( 49.95) well spent!

Hope this help!

Glenn Hughes

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi Bill-e,

I am not sure of the weight but trust me when I tell you it is not noticeable. I also have this in a covering case over my GP12 and it was not an issue. The tempered glass is razor thin and there is no bulkyness at all. Showed it to my wife and she could not even tell the tempered glass was on my GP12. That is how super clear it is.

I can't stress enough if you do purchase this please take your time applying this and also use the purple film that comes with the tempered glass to pick up any little remaing dust particles on your screen.

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the screen. Didn't use steam, but, took my time. At one point I removed the whole thing and started over because I found a dust spot. I would say it was as difficult as any other screens protector to install.

As mentioned earlier, you don't know it's there and will certainly protect the screen. I previously had an inexpensive anti glare protector, and though this is far superior, the light reflection is a little annoying compared to the anti glare screen. Hopefully, I'll get used to it.

Posted via Android Central App

Glenn Hughes

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
One other thing to mention. The tempered glass covers the entire screen(part that matters) but it does not cover the entire front (edge to edge) of the GP12 but that is not deal breaker and would highly recommend this product.

As bspill mentioned it is very glossy but than again it is glass and to be expected.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Exactly how much is exposed? Is there cutouts for the home button or are you saying that the bottom bezel is left unprotected? Pics would be great!

Glenn Hughes

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, there is a cutout for the home button and camera BUT the tempered glass does not go al lthe way to the edge of the device. What I mean by this is that it does not extend all the way to the border (silver edges) of the device.

To me this works better as it gives you some room to adjust and line up the tempered glass for a better fit.

I tried to take a picture but it is extremly hard to see it due to the clarity. I will try to take a picture of this again later from the side in hopes of better results.

Hope this helps!

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I would say there is about the thickness of a dime on all four sides if you place it square in the middle.

Posted via Android Central App

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok good thats what I expected. GH got me worried since there was no indication as to the size of the gap so I was thinking it was worse than that. One reason the tempered glass protectors don't go all the way is that they need to sit flat on the glass surface. If they are placed such that they're riding up on a plastic/metal frame there's a chance for stress cracking and spider webbing of the glass protector so to minimize the risk of this they're cut smaller to make it easier to install them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon