Snp12.2 equal to and better than....

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I sold my mid-2012 macbook air and bought the 12.2 and I am thrilled with my decision. For my uses, this gorgeous tab is a genuine laptop replacement. As a writer, I used it for the first time over the weekend with Hancom Word. I used an inexpensive, temporary bluetooth keyboard from Amazon. It all went perfectly, even through the printing process on my wifi Brother laser (using the Brother app)and emailing it to myself for later use on my mac desktop. It went easier and faster than if I had done it on the Macbook, plus I had the great tablet abilities that the mac didn't have. Moreover, my Ipads (all sold a while back) could never have done this. The 12.2 is a wonder! I hope hancom is soon available for my SN10.1 2014 edition.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I write a lot, too, I take notes, write bids and invoices, make purchases, edit files and what not and it used to be a royal pain to get anything done with Apple since I kept having to go back and forth between iPad and macbook.
But no more.
This tablet has no equal.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree. I just need to get the new samsung s mouse and a better bluetooth keyboard hopefully with shortcuts for the 12.2.

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that keeps me from using it as my primary device is the fact that I cannot save and/or edit from the cloud. I've tried Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, Box and others and it doesn't work with any of them. I prefer not to save everything directly on my Note Pro. Has anyone figured out a way to get around this problem?

As an example, if I have a document that I need to edit stored on one of these cloud based services, I can download and edit that file. When I attempt to save my work, it defaults to saving the updated document on my Note Pro, not it place of origin in the cloud. That means, I will essentially have two versions floating around, the first is the original version in the cloud and the other is the updated version on my Note Pro. I can easily sync a local file with a cloud folder/file on my laptop, but there doesn't appear to be a way to do this with the Note Pro. I've even tried online editing in a browser with Google Docs and Office 365, but those methods don't seem to work either.

For my needs, it's just not quite there.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that keeps me from using it as my primary device is the fact that I cannot save and/or edit from the cloud. I've tried Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, Box and others and it doesn't work with any of them. I prefer not to save everything directly on my Note Pro. Has anyone figured out a way to get around this problem?

As an example, if I have a document that I need to edit stored on one of these cloud based services, I can download and edit that file. When I attempt to save my work, it defaults to saving the updated document on my Note Pro, not it place of origin in the cloud. That means, I will essentially have two versions floating around, the first is the original version in the cloud and the other is the updated version on my Note Pro. I can easily sync a local file with a cloud folder/file on my laptop, but there doesn't appear to be a way to do this with the Note Pro. I've even tried online editing in a browser with Google Docs and Office 365, but those methods don't seem to work either.

For my needs, it's just not quite there.

With office files saved to Google Drive I find that Hancom does not have write access to the Drive folder so although I'm able to open a spreadsheet that is stored on Drive in HCell for example I'm unable to save it and must instead make a copy as you say. Hancom doesn't support sharing so that has to be done manually using a file manager application. Needless to say dealing with multiple copies every time one wants to edit is a deal breaker so Drive is out for me in terms of working mobile using the Note and Hancom.

Dropbox on the other hand works fine for me. If I'm in the Dropbox application and I invoke an edit session from there by tapping a Word or Excel document the Dropbox application will launch Hancom for me and I'm able to make edits, click the save button and those edits are synced to Dropbox for my other devices to see. The only issue with Hancom that I have with regards to Dropbox is that there's no support for it within Hancom itself which means that in order to create content that I intend to work on within Dropbox I must first save it to My Documents (or anywhere else on my device) and then use a file manager to Share it to Dropbox. I then delete the local copy and open the cloud stored one from within the Dropbox application. Its cumbersome but it works.

I'll just add that the file creation issue can be fixed by installing Dropsync and setting up a sync between any folder you wish to work in on your device's internal storage and a folder within Dropbox. One can create a folder specific to the Note Pro on their Dropbox account and sync the My Documents folder on the device to this folder for example, and then work completely "locally" on the device while having Dropsync keep files synchronized with the cloud. I haven't set this up yet but am considering it.

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
This is excellent information. I tried it out and, while not perfect, it does address all of my issues on some level. I read a few negative comments about Dropsync, but it is working for me. I may move files out of the synced folder periodically to avoid some of the issues others claim to have with lost files. Thanks so much!

Last edited:

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Another paid app that is great and works with Dropbox is Dropsync. I love it and it is great!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a free 50g for life with Box and I use FolderSync. It will sync any folder with any number of cloud services and it seems to work pretty well. I have it set up to sync when it detects a change to the folder. Scheduled syncs are also availble. It has a lite version but I went ahead and purchased the paid version.

Sent from My Samsung Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Grimgrak

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
How do you pick your destination with foldersync thats outside the tablet itself? Seems like a PITA to use if you have lecture notes which records it's stuff in it's own folder while you have other folders with say books or docs....

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Actually FolderSync is set once and forget. You set up your "Folder Pairs" and how you want them synced, one way or two way and how often either by schedule or instant. You can select the remote folder be it an SD card in your tablet or one of the Cloud accounts you configure. If, for instance, you wanted your "My Documents" folder to sync to both Box and Dropbox upon change detection you would create two folder pairs. One between the tablet and Box and one between the tablet and Dropbox. You can also configure whether you sync while of mobile data or only while on Wifi. There are lots of configuration options to suite your needs.

For Notes I use Google Keep which Syncs to Google Drive automatically.

Since Box.net doesn't have a native sync for Android this works perfectly for me. I need to sync more than just my notes, I do a lot of Microsoft Office work and I'm on the road every week so I need to have access to the documents everywhere.

Grimgrak

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Figured out how to use SD card but still can't find how to choose a cloud as my destination.. how would it know?
Would also love for it to sync to my local WDmybooklive
Actually FolderSync is set once and forget. You set up your "Folder Pairs" and how you want them synced, one way or two way and how often either by schedule or instant. You can select the remote folder be it an SD card in your tablet or one of the Cloud accounts you configure. If, for instance, you wanted your "My Documents" folder to sync to both Box and Dropbox upon change detection you would create two folder pairs. One between the tablet and Box and one between the tablet and Dropbox. You can also configure whether you sync while of mobile data or only while on Wifi. There are lots of configuration options to suite your needs.

For Notes I use Google Keep which Syncs to Google Drive automatically.

Since Box.net doesn't have a native sync for Android this works perfectly for me. I need to sync more than just my notes, I do a lot of Microsoft Office work and I'm on the road every week so I need to have access to the documents everywhere.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It's under "Accounts". May be a paid feature, dont remember if it was in the Lite version.

Grimgrak

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
How do you even get to accounts unless you meant the directory accounts?
Oh wonderful looks like there is a foldersync program with no space and one with a space by two different devs

Grimgrak

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible to have my laptop sync with my tablet via my homenetwork? When I go to network on my laptop and try to add a new device it doesn't detect my tablet...
If only it was smart enough to sync only files that have recently been altered, that would save so much time.
If the app could check which device has the latest alteration and use it as the main copy..... I'd certainly pay for an app like that.

Last edited:

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Grimgak. Nope. Box and Dropbox (I think) will sync to your laptop. Then use Foldersync for Box to sync your tablet with Box. I am not sure about the suyncing capabilities of Dropbox. Both services should give you enough free space to store homework.

Of course you can do the same thing with Google Drive and not pay a cent.

Grimgrak

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I meant i'd pay for the time saving of syncing only the newly altered files not the storage so google drive wouldn't make any difference.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So when Foldersync sees a file changed it syncs that file. I'd assume that you will only be working on one device at a time so presumably the file that is changing is the latest. That should get migrated to your storage and to your laptop....at least Box and foldersync work that way.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
@Grimgrak I use the paid for version of Dropsync and it only updates the files that have changed.

On Lecturenotes (LN) , I have setup a folder on my Note, I setup a folder named Lecturenoteshare and in settings in LN, in the storage location, I set that folder for my LN which is the third option down. Now on my phone, I have the same setup. I then backup my notebook board which will be saved to that folder. I use dropsync to select the LectureNotesShare from my tablet and the same folder in my Dropbox. Now on my phone I set up LN the same way and the first time I open LN on my phone, I choose to restore the notebooks board and everything matches my tablet and my phone. It took me a little while to figure out how to do it that way, but now it only takes a few minutes and I can use my LN on my phone or tab.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Grimgrak

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
How do you save stuff to the SD card in LectureNotes? What is /storage/emulated/0
Why wont it just let me browse to find the sd card and makes me type in a specific directory without me being able to see where that actually is? :(

I changed my storage space where the app is under settings>storage to /storage/emulated/0/lecturenotes
Now how do I tell lecturenotes to go there to reference my notebooks board as it is now currently blank! :(

With the android file manage when i select external sd card (middle top tab) it says file does not exist..... yet i can access it under /storage/extSdCard

I'll try doing a notebooks backup and restore...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995