Writers and the NotePro

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have seen quite a few people here mention that they use the NotePro for writing. As a writer myself, I'd love to get a list going of apps, accessories, et cetera, which other writers use in their daily writing life with the SNP.

The accessories I use are fairly standard. The Logitech BT Keyboard case, while not perfect, give me a good keyboard without adding too much bulk. Pairing it with the Logitech T630 Ultrathin Touch Mouse is a good combination, although the mouse is so tiny in my enormous hands that it's taking a while to get used to it. For longhand notes I use the Samsung Slate PC Digitizer Pen, which I find to be excellent, although once again, my big hands make using the buttons tricky (but still infinitely better than the built-in stylus).

Software is where I'm still trying to find a comfortable solution. Hancom is decent, although I have some problems with it crashing from time to time. I've been using Evernote for years on PC and mobile, but they integration with the NotePro's handwriting is lackluster at best. For my big projects I use Scrivener on PC, syncing with Dropbox, but sadly no one has ported it to Android yet (nor do I expect it in the near future). Scrivener's files are plain text (for the most part), so a great text editor would be a welcome addition to the toolkit.

So writers, what do you use to make your life on the NotePro productive and enjoyable?

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I do my main writing on my desktop mac and edit, insert etc using my np12.2 and email file to my desktop and integrate it into main piece. This is a nonfiction book. I actually replaced my macbook air with the np12.2. I have several bt keyboards and mice but favor the samsung bkb 10 kb that I bought on ebay. It has a number of np12 function keys, I use a couple of different bt mice. But thinking about getting the samsung s mouse. Hancom word is totally compatible with word for mac. I also have the note 10.1 2014 that just got kit kat and is supposed to soon get hancom word, for additional productivity.

AndyJ7888

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
S Note on 12.2 is useless now. Constant occurrence of "Unfortunately S Note has stopped" and not being fixed by Samsung in the OS updates. I used it for notes taking at work.

Posted via Android Central App