GNP, Google Music and Chromecast

BizzyB

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Still having the same issue on Note Pro 10.1 I just picked up. More specifically, it's when streaming to Chromecast via a Google app (Play Music, Movies, Youtube, etc.) then pulling down the notification panel. UI crashes and goes into a loop crash state. Have to reboot the device. It's easily reproducible for me 100% of the time.

anon(46010)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes. This is a documented bug. It's a GNP/kitkat problem. I have a galaxy note 3 smartphone that was recently upgraded to kitkat and it will stream music from google play to Chromecast. But it's been a problem since day one for the GNP. I brought it to the attention of Google's chromecast support team. What they will do with the info is anybody' s guess. Give how unbelievably complicated all the parts are, it's a wonder there aren't more things that don't work.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Same for me Chromecasting Google play movies. Happens right after the movie starts on my Note Pro 12.2.
PS: today is September 3rd.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It has to do with the volume sliders in the notification shade. Unfortunately disabling them won't fix the issue but rooted users who have xposed framework installed can google for xposed cast fix and find a module that was developed for LG devices that works. I wouldn't be surprised if finger pointing is happening on both sides, where Google blames manufacturer for deviating from base android and manufacturer claims google should fix it in chromecast.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke