How to split screen ?

robbyhaha

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible to split the screen using apps of your choice?
At the moment it allows me to split the screen using the 19 or so apps that seem to be preset.
I wanna use some different apps.
How can you make an app appear on the split screen slide out thing on the Right?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
There's an 'EDIT' button on the bottom of the bar that lets you customize it. However, only a limited number of apps support MultiWindow officially (which is why you only see a handful in the bar).

But if you're feeling adventurous and really need to have this feature, you can root your device and use one of the many hacks that allow the use of any installed app in MultiWindow and Floating Window modes (but note that since not all apps support this officially, some hiccups might appear or the app might not work properly).

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to split the screen using apps of your choice?
At the moment it allows me to split the screen using the 19 or so apps that seem to be preset.
I wanna use some different apps.
How can you make an app appear on the split screen slide out thing on the Right?

One of the other posters suggested this app to increase the number of apps that work with multi-window without having to root and it works well. There are still some that don't work but it expands the range of ones that do to make the tablet much more useful. You need the paid version to really make it useful but well worth it.

MW-Pen App Enabler
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.xperiacle.multiwindow.enable

robbyhaha

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
There's an 'EDIT' button on the bottom of the bar that lets you customize it. However, only a limited number of apps support MultiWindow officially (which is why you only see a handful in the bar).

But if you're feeling adventurous and really need to have this feature, you can root your device and use one of the many hacks that allow the use of any installed app in MultiWindow and Floating Window modes (but note that since not all apps support this officially, some hiccups might appear or the app might not work properly).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
One of the other posters suggested this app to increase the number of apps that work with multi-window without having to root and it works well. There are still some that don't work but it expands the range of ones that do to make the tablet much more useful. You need the paid version to really make it useful but well worth it.

MW-Pen App Enabler
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.xperiacle.multiwindow.enable

I don't like this app because it effectively rips apart the app's APK, inserts the code, re-builds it and then installs it. Why don't I like it? One, the obvious privacy concerns: I know it's supposed to be a 'legit' app, but it's re-building the code; you don't know what it's inserting into it. Two, the re-build screws up the signed app code, therefore, it's no longer recognized by Google Play as a valid installation. What does this mean? NO automatic updates or notifications of an update because as far as Google Play is concerned, it doesn't know which app you have installed.