Right angle CHARGING cable?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I'm sorry--I just now realized that the NotePRO 12.2 uses a proprietary connector. (Which boggles my mind--that in 2014, companies are still trying to milk more money out of consumers by forcing them to use proprietary connectors!)

Let me see if I can find anything else.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So in this review, they mention the following: "You can charge the Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 via a standard Micro-USB cable too — charge times are slow through the Micro-USB 3.0 cable and very slow via standard Micro-USB." It sounds like you could still use the right angle cable I linked above, but it would charge slowly.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Why wouldn't it charge the Note pro? Standard micro USB cables charge it just fine.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Right. Do you see measurably more with the stock microusb 3.0 cable? For me according to GSam Battery Monitor I see no measurable difference between the USB 2.0 cable that I use regularly for charging and the stock one. I'll get a reading of about 1.2 amps on both with screen on with the app showing about a 10% per hour charge rates. I regularly use a longer and thinner usb 2.0 cable because it's more convenient to move around with.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Nashcat

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
It's not a proprietary connector. It's microusb3.0. For data xfer that's what you want for 3.0 speed. For simply charging, microusb2.0 cables will do just fine and charge at the same rate as the 3.0 cable.

Sent from my SM-P900 using AC Forums mobile app

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
The rate at which any chargeable device will charge is dependant on a few factors. First, the device itself, he was fast can the port and battery accept the charge. Second, the wall or accessory portion of the system. What amperage is it rated at, how many ports are there drawing off that amperage. And third the cable, how much amperage will it allow to flow. Generally smaller diameter cables are lower amperage because they are to restrictive, more resistance. Like a Creek and a river, a Creek is smaller and less water flows. Also the length of the cable, the shorter the more power gets to the device, again because resistance will bleed some of the power out before it makes it to the device.

Now my fastest charging system I have is a car accessory USB 4 amp dual USB port. It auto senses so of I only have one plugged in, it pushes most of the r amps to the one port. I also have a large USB 3.0 cable. Both bought on Amazon. The charging speed is phenomenal. I have not had as much luck finding a larger amp charge plug for ac.

Posted via Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
GANote3 makes an excellent point about the charger output. The Note Pro 12.2 requires a 2.0 Amp output from the charger to charge efficiently. Many chargers only output 700 mA or 1.0 Amp at most per port which will take much longer to charge the Note Pro 12.2 if it is not running. If the 12.2 is running I can tell you from experience a 700 mA output charger will actually not even keep the 12.2 battery from being drained by being powered up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463