mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for a replacement for Checkitoff. It has been perfect but it has been abandoned and now it is becoming unstable. I have about 50-100 tasks and quite a few are repeating tasks. Some of them repeat daily, some just week days, some just weekends, some Monday and Thursday, and some are monthly.

I am currently using Checkmark and it may meet my needs but I wanted to see if anyong here knew of other options. I am trying to avoid the Yearly $39 Rental versions such as Todoist etc...

One thing to note is that some of these applications will not hide repeating/recurring tasks too well so if you set "take out the trash" for every Mon, Wed, and Fri those apps will show that task for all 3 days. Checkitoff and Checkmark only shows the task for Monday and when you mark the task as complete on Monday then it repopulates on Wednesday's list. With as many repeating/recurring tasks as I have this is exactly how I want it to work for me.

So let me know if you have a favorite that you think may work for me.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I simply email myself. Works great,

That would be about 25-30 daily emails with a lot of typing. I have stuff like "CFB Report on Tuesday and Thursday" and I don't want to have to remember to email myself to do it. Especially since I have other reports due on various days of the week. Plus who wants to keep typing emails when I can type this one time and just check it off when it is done since it will automatically repopulate for its next due date. But thanks for the suggestion.

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I've never used a to-do list program that didn't populate a repeater until you'd completed the previous instance, but I can see where it would be useful.

I've been using Any Do and find it to be useful for my needs, but as of now it doesn't have that specific feature you are looking for.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I've never used a to-do list program that didn't populate a repeater until you'd completed the previous instance, but I can see where it would be useful.

I've been using Any Do and find it to be useful for my needs, but as of now it doesn't have that specific feature you are looking for.

Thanks for the tip,,, I've had 5-6 hours now to mess with Checkmark Pro and it looks the closest to Checkitoff which is what was basically perfect for me. So unless someone finds a way to start development back on Checkitoff or comes across another app very similar then it looks like Checkmark is going to be my new To Do list. But please send your favorites along as I'd hate to miss a diamond in the rough from a lack of knowledge.

Karl Thomas

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the tip.Looks great.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
You might like Calengoo. It has a great calendar and supports tasks as well (syncs to Google Tasks like Checkitoff Pro does). You can set multiple reminders, set tasks to repeat, and assign a category.

You can choose to have tasks show up in your calendar views too (day, week, agenda, and even in the monthly view). You can optionally choose to have overdue tasks carry into the next day until they are marked complete.

There are a TON of options & customizations for tasks (and calendar appointments). You can even change the font, font color, font size, and much more.
Calengoo is highly customizable in just about every aspect.

If you start to create a new calendar event (or modify one) and decide it really should be a task instead, just click the "convert to task button". There is a one-click widget to quickly create a task. It also supports voice creation of tasks.

If there is some feature you want to ask me if it has it or not, I'll look it up and let you know.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.calengoo.android&token=JomSNCuv

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech