Unable to redeem perks

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Well, I did do the Samsung Account register thing and I received a email saying I was registered but no info on receiving the perks. And they sure make it hard to figure out how to actually get that email that has the redeem code. So far, I spent over 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get my perks. Their email contact page has lots of drop down pick this and pick that boxes, that must be filled out. They don't even have my model number listed in any drop down list. One of their knowledge base support pages says to go to the Samsung Facebook page for help. Huh? I don't do Facebook. I will try to update this after they respond.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue... As long as you put in your model and serial number manually, they will get it... I had to go through 3 messages, including a screenshot to get mine, took a week all together.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Got my first response from Samsung help and one of the first things they recommend is to delete the Samsung account, reboot then re-add the Samsung account.

How do I delete the account?

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes, That was it. You open Accounts, then Samsung Account then Sync Settings then click on the 3 dots, upper right corner and you get option to remove account. I am in the process of doing that now.

Update: Removed account, rebooted and attempted to sign up again. That didn't work. Getting message that I already have an account.

Last edited:

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, That was it. You open Accounts, then Samsung Account then Sync Settings then click on the 3 dots, upper right corner and you get option to remove account. I am in the process of doing that now.

Update: Removed account, rebooted and attempted to sign up again. That didn't work. Getting message that I already have an account.

Have you tried signing up with a new email address? Doesn't hurt to try. ☺

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
No, I used same email address. However, today I tried to just sign up using all the old info and that worked. Even used same password. Got a email reply that said you have had one previous email with perk code. No perk code listed in this email. So it looks like catch 22. I will next try to do the second thing they recommended... That process involves ten different steps to accomplish and they want lots of personal info. It is beginning to look like they want me to jump through too many hoops.

Kate Coe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I get longwinded when frustrated, if you skip to the asterisked area, you'll get the only useful result from what caused it.

Where you are now was where I started at the beginning of wasting an unbelievable amt of time, which resulted in my dog dying--long story, I have severely painful bilateral shoulder damage and it's difficult to type, but anger mitgates the pain, so please forgive me if this approaches a rant.

*****The only way, repeat, only way, to get near getting the Perks is by posting on the Samsung Support page on Facebook.*****

Hancom Suite appeared at only two weeks, as I was about to leave to return the tablet--which I'd said I would to SS/VW. (VW tabs are not entitled to the three most expensive perks, premium Evernote and Dropbox, and PC Remote, but, despite what the obstinate, clueless Korean rep said, we are entitled to the rest, esp Hancom, confirmed by SS US, and stated on SSs own website, which the overseas reps refused to check.)

Apparently, a fair amount of those going the FB route were successful and reported back with their success. It takes a couple of days, but SS did get back to me from FB.

It only took two months of runarounds that started with reregistering. I hadn't felt comfortable going on Facebook with this, until I totally exhausted other options. I haven't responded back yet to their question as to 'how they might help me' (are they serious?)--and it's been almost two weeks--as I almost feel like throwing up, thinking about how I lost the most loving, giving, good-natured friend (a Hungarian Komondor) because of this. The Perks seem so worthless in retrospect. I literally hate this tablet now. (Last night I installed a SS update and lost screenshot:), the reason for being here.)

(What I've taken from this experience is that SS's game plan is to research consumer buttons, produce products which hit as many as possible before the competition does--without working out glitches, and to completely toss out customer support, or fulfillment of inducements--making it so difficult thar people give up. That last was probably the route an attorney suggested to avoid fines from the US DOJ., which can run in the millions, or a class action suit. Just a thought, which I hope was okay to add?)

Last edited:

Kate Coe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Peaches, I did everything the original poster did, and that you suggested, wh6 seemed the logical way around the problem--and those were the baby steps down the rabbit hole. The same things happened to me, an email without the code, and no new registration allowed, as I was 'already registered'. My email did have a coupon for half off an accessory under fifty dollars. I guess this is supposed to placate us.

If this isn't deliberate obfuscation, I am terrified of a real software issue. I love(d) my GN2, but I've never seen a more disorganized company.

You seem to be pretty knowledgeable about this stuff, so if you have anything to suggest about a disappeared screenshot, I'm going to look for a thread or start one, after a break, and would be grateful for any suggestions you might have. I really liked screenshot, sigh...

Last edited:

Kate Coe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Acejavelin, I don't know if you did this with the Note Pro 12.2, but Samsung doesn't even have this model on its pulldowns, so it was impossible to enter the model and serial number. Plus, not a single person would address the issue, they kept bumping me to other depts. And, having a carrier-based version?. .. Samsung promised them , so my carrier wasn't responsible to resolve the problem. (I didn't see the Pro 12.2 listed among your family. ..?)

Last edited:

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Very interesting post Kate Coe. I too, was not comfortable using the Facebook route. I also noticed the lack of our model in the menu pull downs on their support website. So that route was a dead end also. Their other suggestions on their email to me has so many personal questions that I have not done that yet.

However, I didn't understand your point about the Hancom Suite. That app was free and seems to be working OK on the tablet. Did you have a problem in downloading it? Maybe that was a Verizon problem?

I am still using this tablet every day for productive work and can live without the perks. Using the Logitech keyboard helps immensely.

Kate Coe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I just wrote a lengthy explanation as to the Hancom issue, which had to do my Samsung account being linked to an inaccessible Gmail acct, and it disappeared as I tried to close some ad which kept popping up over the msg box. I'm very disabled due to injuries (former hobbies:salsa dancer, runner, working out, grrr) and I can't type much more at the moment.

The net result was I couldn't access the Samsung account for two weeks, the msg sans code was in that email account when I finally got into it, but I had been trying for all the perks from the start. One of my double-edged traits is tenacity, but I really didn't expect getting Samsung to perform per promise to be as ridiculous and time-consuming as it was. I purchased this tablet March 31. The email offering help after I posted on Facebook came on June 17, but I was totally focused on trying to save Kate, and didn't even check email until a few days after she died on June 19th, at which point I regretted every lost minute playing Samsung's game. This whole act on their side is equivalent to a bait-and-give up, although I am going back to insist on getting everything they promised....and this is the last Samsung product I'll ever purchase.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Acejavelin, I don't know if you did this with the Note Pro 12.2, but Samsung doesn't even have this model on its pulldowns, so it was impossible to enter the model and serial number. Plus, not a single person would address the issue, they kept bumping me to other depts. And, having a carrier-based version?. .. Samsung promised them , so my carrier wasn't responsible to resolve the problem. (I didn't see the Pro 12.2 listed among your family. ..?)
On the contact us page, I used these options...

udabenez.jpg

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
The perk i have been able to redeem is the Dropbox... I had a GSIII that gave me the 48GB space and i was hoping to get another 2 year extension with this tablet purchase. That has not happened for me and i'm pissed at Dropbox

Sent from my SM-P900 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781