S Finder - nice little gem!

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Did you know that the Note Pro can search through your handwritten notes for text? I just discovered this.

Just pull up the S Finder app (top left magnifying glass icon in the notification panel). Enter text that you may have written in an S Note, click search.

It will find any S notes (and calendar events, apps, other docs) that contain that search term. That's very cool and it's fast too.

The most amazing part is how well it can read my poor handwriting! Well done Samsung.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I haven't quite figured out a reason to use that yet. Could I scribble a note then find it later somehow by searching on a keyword or date or what?

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't quite figured out a reason to use that yet. Could I scribble a note then find it later somehow by searching on a keyword or date or what?

Yes, any text that you handwrite is searchable. Think of it like Google search for your handwritten notes - "I can't remember which note or when I wrote 'xyz' but I know that I did and I need to look it up fast." - that's what you can use it for.

eswartzendruber

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
After recent updates, the S Finder won't find any of my handwritten notes any more. It used to work great. Now, it will not find anything inside of a note that was handwritten. It will find text in the notes, but not handwriting.

I don't need the feature often, but when I do, it is invaluable.

It seems that I got a lot of updates all at once, so I am not sure exactly when the problem started.

S Finder - Version 2.700
S Note - Version 4.1
Android - Version 5.0.2

Anybody else having issues?

Can somebody else with the above versions just try it and see if it works on theirs?

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't have those versions but handwriting search still works in these versions:

S Finder 2.700
S Note Version 4.1.1502.1
Android 5.0.1

I'll check again after my Android 5.0.2 update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21