Hi all,

I've been having a problem lately with LectureNotes on the Note Pro 12.2. It keeps disappearing from my multi-window list of apps. The only way I'm able to get it back is to hit the reset button when editing the apps that show up in the side window, but when I do that it wipes out all of my multi-window settings. It is also just a very short term fix as the app once again disappears from the multi-window list after a bit.

Has anyone else seen this, or do you have any idea what may be going on?

Thanks.
    09-23-2014 01:29 PM
    Is the app saved on the SD card? If so, try moving it back to the tablet.
    fastcarve likes this.
    09-23-2014 02:54 PM
    Is the app saved on the SD card? If so, try moving it back to the tablet.
    Yes, it was on the SD card. I moved it back to the device and at least for now it appears to have solved the problem. Thanks!!!!
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-23-2014 04:49 PM
    No problemo, but now it's your problemo. If it was on the SD card, I fear your reader or card is starting to fail. I'm guessing the SD card gets randomly unmounted and re-mounted, causing the system to 'lose' the app when it happens, which is why you saw it magically disappear from the list.

If my hunch is correct, you should start seeing a bit of an unusual battery drain and probably the MEDIA SCANNING process climb up a few slots into the battery usage stats.
    09-23-2014 05:26 PM
    Is there a guide somewhere to repair/replace the card reader? Mine has errors with writing randomly on 4 diff sd cards now from new
    09-23-2014 08:55 PM
    I haven't found any, but I have had bad experiences with a lot of Samsung devices and SD cards. I use them now strictly for media consumption (movies, non-camera pictures, etc.).

Some tips include formatting using ExFAT or in the phone itself, avoiding Windows to manage the card (it copies system files that might not play nice with Android) and some even suggest removing the card at boot and re-inserting it after the system has loaded.
    09-24-2014 10:38 AM
    SpookDroid, that is an interesting theory. I'll watch for other signs of problems with my card/reader. I haven't noticed any other issues.

The interesting thing in this case is that the app remained avialable, just not in the multi-window list (or whatever that side bar list is called). I use it frequently throughout the day. It would disappear from the multi-window list (and never re-appear unless I reset the list), yet it was still available to launch as a full-screen app.
    09-24-2014 05:03 PM
    SpookDroid, that is an interesting theory. I'll watch for other signs of problems with my card/reader. I haven't noticed any other issues.

The interesting thing in this case is that the app remained avialable, just not in the multi-window list (or whatever that side bar list is called). I use it frequently throughout the day. It would disappear from the multi-window list (and never re-appear unless I reset the list), yet it was still available to launch as a full-screen app.
    That's probably because if the card was unmounting itself, the MultiWindow list would take it as 'uninstalled' and maybe never seeing it back once it got re-mounted? Again, that's just a guess.
    09-25-2014 12:27 PM