Galaxy S5 and Note Pro communications.

John Ball1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I've just purchased a Galaxy S5. I love it! I also have a Galaxy Note pro 12.2. Is there a way to get them to "talk" to each other? I.E., I add a contact on my note pro and my S5 contacts list is automatically updated or I write a note to myself on the S5 and it automatically copies to the note pro? I've just purchased a Galaxy S5. I love it! I also have a Galaxy Note pro 12.2.

Posted via Android Central App

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the S5 also great phone. As far as contacts go if you're registered with Google they should sync back and forth. As well as any Google searches and so on. As for anything you write I'm pretty sure it's possible just don't know which apps will get it done for you. Enjoy your S5.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the S5 also great phone. As far as contacts go if you're registered with Google they should sync back and forth.

Make sure that when you add a new contact to your S5 phone that you are adding a Google contact, NOT a phone contact (stays on your phone only). You can choose which when you add one.

Choosing Google Contact syncs that contact to the cloud (accessible in Gmail on a PC in the contacts section, or on your Note Pro). If you added a phone only contact, you might be able to edit the contact and change it to a Google contact, or you might have to recreate it.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I've just purchased a Galaxy S5. I love it! I also have a Galaxy Note pro 12.2. Is there a way to get them to "talk" to each other?... If I write a note to myself on the S5 and it automatically copies to the note pro?

What kind of notes?

I highly recommend using Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides) apps for this. That 4 different apps.

Using these will sync across all your devices (phone, tablet, pc, Mac) and anyone else you wish to share your Docs/notes with.

You can share with any # of people and you can all update the "doc" at the same exact time, or just make it read only for anyone except you. Lots of options!

For an idea of what you can do and how this works, watch these videos.

Using Forms in Google Docs:
http://youtu.be/IzgaUOW6GIs

Discussions in Google Docs:
http://youtu.be/7zmOYziFKZw

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Make sure that when you add a new contact to your S5 phone that you are adding a Google contact, NOT a phone contact (stays on your phone only). You can choose which when you add one.

Choosing Google Contact syncs that contact to the cloud (accessible in Gmail on a PC in the contacts section, or on your Note Pro). If you added a phone only contact, you might be able to edit the contact and change it to a Google contact, or you might have to recreate it.

Excellent tip.