Is anyone having problems with NP12.2 blue screen?

jef tex

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
No blue screen threads ?

Newb here.....

Is anyone having problems with NP12.2 blue screen? I bought mine from AT&T in August....Right at 4 weeks returned it due to blue screen and not rebooting. My second one has the same issues:mad:....(I do know how to reboot this one though.)
I use this in my business and it's happened when I have been taking notes with the customer standing there. I have to stop and go get a pen and pad to continue with my field notes. VERY frustrating and embarrassing.....and not a very good endorsement for Samsung.

From other forums I have read ....... my 12.2 is not an isolated problem. No one said precisely why it was blue screening.
Is anyone else having like issues and has anyone found out why ?

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: No blue screen threads ?

I suspect it's a kernel issue with snapdragon variants from US carriers since threads on xda don't seem to be filed with international LTE version users or wifi ones. My wifi model is quite stable.

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Have never seen this on mine, and I use mine heavily throughout the day.

Posted via Android Central App

eclein

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Mine hasn't done that and since the most recent update a few weeks back it's more stable than before. I thought I might have to do a clean Re install but update helped stave that off.

Davideo86

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I have been struggling with this for two months now. EXTREMELY frustrating! I get the blue screen and have to hold down the power button to get it to turn off and on again. I have exchanged the thing, sent the second one in to Samsung for repairs twice now, still the same problem! The first time I sent it in for repairs, they said they replaced the screen. the second time they said they replaced PBA and updated software. It baffles me how a company can play dumb like this. Samsung refuses to replace the actual device until they can see something wrong with it. they just keep telling me to send it in for more "repairs". Looking online I find that kitkat 4.4.2 has a lot of different devices screwing up pretty bad. could this be the problem? if so, is it worth calming down and just waiting for the next update? I can't sit and accept paying 700+ dollars for something that doesn't work correctly. I have also been looking for ways to downgrade the OS, to see if it is infact 4.4.2 that is the problem...but that scares me. I don't want to void warranty and brick the thing in the process lol. Does anyone have any answers? I have seen barely a handful of people online that have this problem. I would even feel better if I knew what the problem was so I could hold out for an update. Or try and fix it myself. willing to try anything! suggestions?

OK so I haven't found out what app it is yet, but I have been tediously installing my apps after a hard reset (something I thought I had tried already). I guess I should have tried harder to eliminate the bad app...now my tablet hasn't crashed once. But I am only about 5 or 6 apps into this process, And it has been a couple weeks. Lol I kinda feel like a dumb dumb, I could have been done with this weeks ago. But yeah, it was 100% the fault of one of these apps.

Last edited:

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site

Have you considered the possibility of an app causing the problem, especially since you have experienced it with different devices?

Triangle Mechanical

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue extremely annoying I use mine for home care. I brought mine in for the 4th time to samsung repair shop. They are keeping it for a couple a days and ordered a "flex cable" that turns screen on/off hopefully this will fix it. I don't think this issue is software related.

azkimbers

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

How long does it usually take to get it back from Samsung? Mine is having this issue too, and I really hate the idea of needing to send it in as it's been tremendously helpful while I'm training for my new job.

jpsaari

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site

Newb here.....

Is anyone having problems with NP12.2 blue screen? I bought mine from AT&T in August....Right at 4 weeks returned it due to blue screen and not rebooting. My second one has the same issues:mad:....(I do know how to reboot this one though.)
I use this in my business and it's happened when I have been taking notes with the customer standing there. I have to stop and go get a pen and pad to continue with my field notes. VERY frustrating and embarrassing.....and not a very good endorsement for Samsung.

From other forums I have read ....... my 12.2 is not an isolated problem. No one said precisely why it was blue screening.
Is anyone else having like issues and has anyone found out why ?

Do you use official samsung galaxynotepro12.2 case? I had the same problem, tried everything but nothing worked. Then I started to use the tablet without the case, bluescreen problem stopped right away. Now my note pro 12.2 works perfectly! I think that the case was putting pressure on some component. Not sure, but now it works.

nucleartax

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have it continually. I have removed all apps. Still happens 2-3 times per day. Have complained to ATT with no luck. Finally got someone at Samsung to do a return. I hope this works, or this device is useless.

ikevinax

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I have this issue and with increasing frequency. The first month or so it happened twice. Now it happens several times a day - especially during The Sims - Freeplay. Chatting with Samsung Support now.

Nick Michelis

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I have this issue and with increasing frequency. The first month or so it happened twice. Now it happens several times a day - especially during The Sims - Freeplay. Chatting with Samsung Support now.

As I just posted, in another discussion, I had similar issues, it was a motherboard issue. Take it in for repair to Samsung, under warranty and you should be right.

spddy

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife has had this problem, had it sent to the shop. it supposedly got fixed and for a month later it is starting the blue screen again.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
How many apps does this happen with? Have you "stopped" or "killed" any apps prior to the blue screen, regardless of time frame between the two events. And the obvious issue .... does this happen while using any particular app or group of similar type of apps?

linkdtrini

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I recently purchased a P-907A from ebay at what appeared to be a fantastic price, however soon realised why -- The BSODs started appearing soon after. What I did notice with my particular unit was there was almost a pattern to the blue screen occurence , just about every 3rd day. I figured that if this was more likely to be an issue of buggy Samsung software than the hardward (thats what I really wanted to believe). Short story- after hunting high and low for solid technical info on "why" and finding nothing, I decided to go with what I thought I knew of the problem. I rooted with towelroot, removed all KNOX related components, and used Super Tuner Pro to set all CPUs to active. I'm now in my third day and the unit has not BSOD'd . I've stressed tessed it by running as much apps as i have installed (MS Office, Flipboard, Pulse, email, Chrome, Netflix,Amazon Music and lots other stuff... No BSOD. I'll update again after one full week.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased a P-907A from ebay at what appeared to be a fantastic price, however soon realised why -- The BSODs started appearing soon after. What I did notice with my particular unit was there was almost a pattern to the blue screen occurence , just about every 3rd day. I figured that if this was more likely to be an issue of buggy Samsung software than the hardward (thats what I really wanted to believe). Short story- after hunting high and low for solid technical info on "why" and finding nothing, I decided to go with what I thought I knew of the problem. I rooted with towelroot, removed all KNOX related components, and used Super Tuner Pro to set all CPUs to active. I'm now in my third day and the unit has not BSOD'd . I've stressed tessed it by running as much apps as i have installed (MS Office, Flipboard, Pulse, email, Chrome, Netflix,Amazon Music and lots other stuff... No BSOD. I'll update again after one full week.
Don't see the update you said you would post after a week. Still working well? I personally haven't had any issues but would like to hear the rest of the story.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jspinnow

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

Has this stayed true, without the case. I did the same thing, and its been fine for several days and no reboots. I also see a correlation with reboots due to temperature. Here at home very few reboots this past year, especially when the air conditioning is on and set at comfortable 72 degrees. The spec case was kinda thick, and was very tight. I have reconsidered leaving it on when its 84 outside air in my book bag. I only seem to have big time reboots when I am at places with poor temperature regulation with the case on. Can't win, risk damaging it going naked, risk damaging it in a tight thick case. Go figure. I hope just temperature issues, and not the dreaded cold solder joint problem that has haunted my tech off and on over the years. Play it by ear. I am still within a few months of the warrantee period if it starts acting up again. I guess I can be brave I do have insurance on this device also.

Thanks...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae