Is anyone having problems with NP12.2 blue screen?

pereaf

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: No blue screen threads ?

Hello. I think the problem is only in the AT&T version, that is, the P907. It has a different processor than other Note Pro 12.2 (for whatever reason).
I agree that it's either a matter of the different processor, overheating and/or AT&T software. From my experience, the problem is not an specific app. And somehow the problem gets worse over time.
I sent my tablet to Samsung service a couple of days ago and I just got an e-mail telling me that "Solution: REPLACED PBA - S/W UPDATED". From what I'm reading in this forum, that won't solve the problem...
By the way, does anyone know what is the PBA? is it a hardware piece?
Talking about Android version, this thing already had Android 4.4.2, P907AUCU1AND7. Supposedly, this firmware update solved the blue screen issue, but it seems is not the case.
I am hoping Samsung still has plans to rollout Android Lollipop for this tablet, maybe that will solve the issue...

Davideo86

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

I followed the advice from another thread. Using a cpu manager in the system tuner app. Tablet worked really well after allowing all 4 cpu whatevers to work at the same time. (not quite sure of the technical jargon.... Just followed the directions) but it has blue screened a couple times since April. After trying to send my np back for a 5th time, they finally said they would just send me a new one all together. Third tablet and still the same story....i was hoping lollipop might help.... But I'm not going to hold my breath

Posted via the Android Central App

jspinnow

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

Has this stayed true, without the case. I did the same thing, and its been fine for several days and no reboots. I also see a correlation with reboots due to temperature. Here at home very few reboots this past year, especially when the air conditioning is on and set at comfortable 72 degrees. The spec case was kinda thick, and was very tight. I have reconsidered leaving it on when its 84 outside air in my book bag. I only seem to have big time reboots when I am at places with poor temperature regulation with the case on. Can't win, risk damaging it going naked, risk damaging it in a tight thick case. Go figure. I hope just temperature issues, and not the dreaded cold solder joint problem that has haunted my tech off and on over the years. Play it by ear. I am still within a few months of the warrantee period if it starts acting up again. I guess I can be brave I do have insurance on this device also.

Thanks...

Holding true with me either my tight speck case was pressing on something or it was overheating. I have since put a cpu temp monitor on it. If i see the number approach 70 degrees c I stop using it. That case was to think. My reboots happends around the time it was 90 degrees f ambient in my friends apartment. I should of recorded the cpu temperatures. I think my brain was overheating that day too though.

Take it out of the case. How hot is it where your using it? It doesnt rule out bad solder joints in some units.

jspinnow

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

Holding true with me either my tight speck case was pressing on something or it was overheating. I have since put a cpu temp monitor on it. If i see the number approach 70 degrees c I stop using it. That case was to think. My reboots happends around the time it was 90 degrees f ambient in my friends apartment. I should of recorded the cpu temperatures. I think my brain was overheating that day too though.

Take it out of the case. How hot is it where your using it? It doesnt rule out bad solder joints in some units.

Humm did for the first time in a long time. Its weird to be fare i saw 70 degrees before it rebootes. Really hate sending thing in but....might.have too

caryn ribbs

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site

Newb here.....

Is anyone having problems with NP12.2 blue screen? I bought mine from AT&T in August....Right at 4 weeks returned it due to blue screen and not rebooting. My second one has the same issues:mad:....(I do know how to reboot this one though.)
I use this in my business and it's happened when I have been taking notes with the customer standing there. I have to stop and go get a pen and pad to continue with my field notes. VERY frustrating and embarrassing.....and not a very good endorsement for Samsung.

From other forums I have read ....... my 12.2 is not an isolated problem. No one said precisely why it was blue screening.
Is anyone else having like issues and has anyone found out why ?

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes. Mine does the exact same time. Very frustrating, please
let me know if you found any help with the issue.
If you are still on firmware P907AUCU1AND7 from AT&T SM-P907, you will need to upgrade to P907AUCU1ANK2 before P907AUCU1BOH3.
-Putting the updates on your SD Card,
-Boot into recovery ( Power+ Volume UP )
-Apply update from external storage and select the update zip.

This is P907AUCU1ANK2 KitKat OTA update.
https://mega.nz/#!INw0lbDC!2uvFS6gBxq51YK8ghi3_yI0YFEazObe7-lPOJHGDr68
This is P907AUCU1BOH3 5.1.1 Lollipop OTA update.
https://mega.nz/#!JYYmASyR!wKCXQr-2iS1Yk4P-MOiil1hg04ZltGdTjfVBBqCoKIc

So far no BSOD after upgrade to Lolliopop . Before, at AND7 of Kitkat the tablet random had bluescreen and re started , even when doing nothing.
No BSOD for 14 days, I tested by playing continuously 2 movies without any problem. Mine is SM-P907A from AT&T.

Last edited: