Apps or Websites on This Tablet?

quinocampa

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello friends,
Just now got my GNP, and I'm beginning my long customization process and learning curve. I didn't expect this first question, but it's unclear what is best. Since the GNP is so large and websites are easy to use, many apps I have on my S5 now seem redundant on this tablet. I can run Pandora from the web, so why use the app? Also true for social media sites and many more, probably. Only unique apps seem appropriate for installation, like games or tools.

So the question is, which choice are any of you making, and why? App or website?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I can run Pandora from the web, so why use the app?
Fewer presses? It depends on how lazy the person is, I guess.

Also true for social media sites and many more, probably.
I run the Facebook app, I could use a browser, but the apps on the main homescreen and it's easier for a quick check.

Only unique apps seem appropriate for installation, like games or tools.
That's a totally personal choice.

So the question is, which choice are any of you making, and why? App or website?
Mostly apps. I've gotten lazy over the years. (But I still run Firebug and FirePHP and read source on sites for fun.) I use a browser for this site and almost all forums. No rules, just what's comfortable.

Condecito

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I have the same situation. In addition, rarely you can find an app optimised for this screen and mainly is a waste of pixels. I use LinkedIn in the web, my bank system too, and sometimes even Google drive. I do not make social besides LinkedIn, so no idea a about Facebook or similar.

Hello friends,
Just now got my GNP, and I'm beginning my long customization process and learning curve. I didn't expect this first question, but it's unclear what is best. Since the GNP is so large and websites are easy to use, many apps I have on my S5 now seem redundant on this tablet. I can run Pandora from the web, so why use the app? Also true for social media sites and many more, probably. Only unique apps seem appropriate for installation, like games or tools.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
For me in general I go application because it's quicker for me to access and format may be better within the application. Not always true though such as in the case of Facebook or Instagram .. BUT some features work better within the applications such as video playback for Facebook/Instagram . . To address formatting (hate how huge Instagram looks on this screen) I run some applications in a window rather than full screen (I'm rooted so I force apps to support multiwindow).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12