Getting new icon themes?

eobet

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
My Note Pro 12.2 will hopefully arrive tomorrow and this will be my first Android device.

I've been looking at screenshots of the default UI Samsung has put on there, and I don't think it's pretty. There's no cohesion between the icons.

Certain other Android devices apparently have different icon themes you can download, but I haven't read anything if that works on TouchWiz.

Does anyone know? How can I switch icon themes on the Note Pro 12.2?

Ccota08

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
The default launcher on Touchwiz doesn't support icon packs. If you want to have different icons, you'll need to download a third party custom launcher. Nova Launcher is one of the best you can find, and comes in free and paid versions, but there are plenty of others to choose from. Once you find a launcher that suits your tastes, you can browse the Play Store for new icon packs.

Jeff Solo

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Nova Launcher would be a good start :) I'm always changing my icons. It's one of the best advantages to android.

This is my Xperia Z :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418107010922.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418107010922.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 21

eobet

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Ok, now I have Nova, but I still don't know how to get new icon themes. There's a big download button but there doesn't seem to be anything to download...

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Icon packs are done by third party developers, not by the makers of Nova so they're not distributed within the Nova app. You need to go into the play store and search for them manually. Simply enter in search terms like "nova icon" or "nova icons" etc.

Once you download and install an icon pack, go back into Nova's settings, select Look and Feel and then Icon Theme. A list of icon packs will be displayed for you to choose from and the packs you downloaded in play store should appear (if they're compatible with Nova).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc