Garbled screen for a split second using Chrome

eobet

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I only received my Note Pro yesterday, but already I've seen something worrying:

For a split second (just a flicker, really), the entire screen becomes garbled!

This has happened twice now, and only while using Chrome (so far).

Does this happen to anyone else?

This smells similar to me like the faulty graphics chip that plagued a generation of Macbook Pro... although I really hope that's not the case here.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Keep restarting and running Chrome. If you see it a few more times, bring or send the device back for replacement. If it was a one-time thing, it could have been garbled data in Chrome's cache (or even the system cache) - something that clears up on first use.

eobet

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
T6v7tzz.png

Well, this is even more worrying now, since smaller garbled pixels just appeared several times in Artflow, and I could even capture them in a screenshot!

EDIT: The screen brightness is now fluctuating as if the light sensor is jumping between two settings. It's super subtle yet annoying and stops if I turn off auto brightness...

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 153866
EDIT: The screen brightness is now fluctuating as if the light sensor is jumping between two settings. It's super subtle yet annoying and stops if I turn off auto brightness...

I get the screen brightness glitch quite often, too, and can temporarily fix it by turning off auto brightness. I wish I knew what was wrong.

Posted via Android Central App

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I get the screen brightness glitch quite often, too, and can temporarily fix it by turning off auto brightness. I wish I knew what was wrong.

Posted via Android Central App

Is it possible you might have a screen protector or case that's blocking the light aensor?

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.